- Job Listing Date
- 13 Mar 2020
- Western QLD
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Farm Labour
Job: Leading Hand - Farming
Location: Wylarah Farm
- Competitive remuneration
- Air-conditioned housing accommodation
- Tool allowance for bringing own tools
We are looking for a motivated person who has previous experience as irrigated farm hand. This person requires excellent communication skills, can work as part of a team and has demonstrated experience working with modern GPS tractors and zero till machinery.
Wylarah Farm is located in the Southern Queensland region, 15 km from Surat, and 100km from Roma.
Duties & responsibilities
- Liaise with Farm Manager to co-ordinate operational activities.
- Prepare paddocks for planting and water usage
- Use soil moisture monitors and other monitoring tools to determine paddock and crop conditions
- Supervise the use of the spray rig
- Report of paddock and crop conditions to management
- Check river heights
- Check pumps and motors are serviced regularly
- Well developed practical experience and skill as an irrigated farm hand combined with a minimum of 12 months experience operating farm machinery
- Machinery maintenance and repairs, including welding and fabrication
- HR truck license
- Excavator, bulldozer experience
- Organised in work planning, and ability to work cooperatively with others
- Knowledge of customer requirements for hay, silage and grain crops.
- 2 Year flood irrigation experience
- Experience running and servicing pumps
- Excavator operation experience
- Experience driving large horsepower machinery _air seeder, zero till planters and front wheel assist
- HR truck licence
- Confined space ticket preferred
- Working height ticket preferred
Housing accommodation provided, suitable for a family and close to local schools.
Immediate start available.
- Remuneration will match the level of skill and experience demonstrated and in accordance with the company’s Certified Agreement.
- This is not a complete list of job responsibilities and Job Descriptions may vary between sites.
- All new employees will be required to complete an initial medical questionnaire and pass a pre-employment functional assessment relevant to the requirements of the role.
Applications close 13 April 2020. To apply to this or any other roles, please click on the ‘Apply for this position” button below: