- Job Listing Date
- 13 Mar 2020
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- $94,903 + super + benefits
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Advertising, Arts & Media, Management
$94,903 per annum + super + benefits
Arts & Cultural Services
Community and Environment
Are you ready to join our team and build Australia's best regional community?
About The Opportunity
Your role as the Gallery Director is responsible for leading the Bundaberg Regional Galleries team and programming both the Bundaberg Regional Art Gallery and Childers Art Space. This role includes engaging with the local community to ensure the Galleries programming is relevant to the needs of the region and is accessible to the broad cross-section of the community.
- You will possess a minimum of undergraduate qualifications relevant to Arts Management/Administration as well as a minimum of five years’ experience working in an arts environment
- Demonstrated experience driving the strategic development of gallery facilities and programs
- Demonstrated evidence of a commitment to arts engagement and participation, preferably in a regional community
- The ability to develop and maintain state and national networks relevant to the position
- Proven skills and track record in leading a high performing team
- Deliver exceptional visitor experiences that are relevant to the Bundaberg Region
- Ability to prioritise tasks, meet deadlines and manage changing priorities in a demanding environment whilst maintaining a high level of customer service
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels within the public and private sectors
What we offer
- An attractive remuneration salary with options for salary sacrifice, up to 12% Superannuation contributions, 17.5% leave loading
- Regular rostered days off, including long weekends
- Opportunities for professional development training and study assistance to enhance your career progression
- Work within a culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance and a friendly and supported team
- An all-inclusive and diverse workplace culture where everyone feels valued
We offer more: For our full range of benefits Benefits, Rewards and Recognition
About the Region
Uniquely positioned north of Brisbane in Queensland, Australia, the Bundaberg Region is one of Australia’s fastest growing regional cities and the gateway to the Southern Great Barrier Reef. The Bundaberg Region boasts the most equitable climate in Australia and rates fifth in the world alongside Hawaii. Noted for its environmental excellence, pristine waterways and proximity to the Great Barrier Reef, the Bundaberg Region showcases everything that nature’s palette can create.
How to Apply
To apply or find out more about the position, please click on the ‘apply now’ button where you will be redirected to our website to answer the questionnaire, followed by attaching your Resume.
Closing date: Friday 3 April 2020 AEST
Thank you for your interest in this position. We look forward to receiving your application.