Advertiser: Court NetworkMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Mar 2020
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Community Services & Development, Volunteer Coordination & Support
Brisbane & Ipswich, Gold Coast, Beenleigh
Part Time 30hrs
Community Services & Development, Management
Volunteer Coordinator – Court Reception (Domestic and Family Violence (DFV) Courts)
About Court Network
Court Network is a unique, non-legal court support service operating in Queensland and Victoria. Volunteers provide support, non-legal information, advocacy and referrals to assist members of the community who are accessing the justice system.
Court Network has a newly funded program with volunteers providing reception services for Domestic and Family Violence (DFV) Courts in Brisbane, Beenleigh, Ipswich and Southport Magistrates Courts.
About the role
The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day operational management of a team of volunteers providing reception services for DFV Courts in their designated location(s).
Key responsibilities are:
- Coordinate day-to-day operations of the service
- Lead and support volunteers, including on-the-job training and ensuring they meet standards.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with the court and other organizations.
This is a part time position - 30 hours per week. *Please note that whilst we are advertising this position as a part time 30hr per week role we are open to job sharing where the sites are separated. It is important in your application that if you wish to work less than the 30hrs per week you nominate the locations you are applying for.
The applicant/s will work across 4 sites at the following Magistrates Courts: Beenleigh (10hrs pw) Brisbane CBD (5hrs pw) Ipswich (5hrs pw) and Southport (10hrs pw). Travel to one Court each day will generally be required.
Applicant will require use of their own vehicle for travel.
Working hours (minimum 3-hour shifts) are flexible to meet the needs of the volunteers and courts.
The position is classified in the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 Level 4.
- You are an experienced team leader who knows how to help volunteers work at a high standard.
- You are committed to building and maintaining constructive working relationships with all the organisations involved in these courts.
- You have an understanding about the impact of domestic and family violence and how people respond in stressful situations and a strong commitment to social justice and human rights.
- You have the flexibility to adjust your work hours and arrangements to meet the needs of the team.
- Relevant qualification e.g. Cert IV Community Services is desirable
How to apply
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy of the Position Description.
- Submit a resume (3 pages max) and a response outlining how you meet the key selection criteria (2 pages max).
- Email application to email@example.com by COB Monday 6th April 2020
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will not be considered.
Enquiries are welcome: E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?