- Job Listing Date
- 13 Mar 2020
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Public Transport & Taxi Services
Brisbane Bus Lines are looking for an operations professional with a passion for driver training to join our team. Based on the Northside of Brisbane we are a family owned company specialising in School Services & Charter work.
About your new Role:
Reporting to the Operations Manager, this role is responsible for Induction Training, Driver Review and Ongoing Training. The incumbent will also be required to assist in the Recruitment Process and various Operational Activities.
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (preferred but not essential)
- Heavy Vehicle License (Minimum HR)
- Current Queensland Driver's Authorisation (or the ability to obtain)
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Good working knowledge of Fatigue Management Regulations
- Good working knowledge of Chain of Responsibility Legislation
- Ability to work with drivers of varying skill levels to achieve the best outcome for everyone
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of systems
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and adapt quickly to changing requirements
- Well developed client relationship management skills.
- Superior problem solving and decision making skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Understanding of rostering & scheduling.
- Confident computer skills are required as you will utilise MS Office as well as learning our Scheduling and Rostering software.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Team wide Induction Training
- Driver Review and Ongoing Training
- Refresher Training.
- Policies and Procedures Training
- Recruitment of new drivers
- Enhancement of Driver Training Packages
- Other Administrative duties, including Rostering and Scheduling as required
- Participating in weekend duty manager roster
- Participating in weekend or weeknight project work
Maintaining a high level of rapport with drivers, customers and company contacts is paramount and requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a high degree of professionalism, in face to face, over the phone and written communications.
Previous experience in an operational role at a transport depot and knowledge of local areas and tourist attractions would an advantage.
This is an excellent career enhancement opportunity working for one Brisbane’s most well established transport businesses. We offer a highly competitive salary, commensurate with your experience and provide a forward-thinking culture and working environment.
If you are interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your resume, along with a covering letter. Alternatively, contact Damian Dempster on 3354 3633.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your understanding.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a heavy vehicle driver's licence?
- Are you available to work on a rotating roster?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- What's your expected annual base salary?