Advertiser: Biteriot OperationsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Mar 2020
- Blue Mountains & Central West
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Farm Management
About the business
Biteriot Operations is a family farming operation specialising in growing, packing and marketing fresh produce to both the domestic and export markets.
About the role
The role is responsible for the effective management and day to day operation of the orchards, with a key focus on maximising the production of high quality fruit (apples and cherries). Innovative and practical, you will develop and implement appropriate strategies to meet longer-term production goals and deliver gains towards profitability, efficiency and quality.
Hands on proactive, the Orchard Manager will plan and oversee all tasks related to maintaining the health and high standard of trees; including pest management, pruning, irrigation and fertigation. You'll be required to provide crop estimates and manage harvests and the recruitment of staff to all orchard related seasonal tasks.
Benefits and perks
- The opportunity to be part of an innovative growing family business
- A position within a passionate and dedicated team of wonderful people
- Location, Location, Location. Orange is renowned as the colour city in the heart of the Central West NSW. Each of the orchards are surrounded by restaurants, vineyards and cellar doors. The orchards are only minutes from two of the Valleys small primary schools, which are also only 10 minutes from the City.
Skills and experience
The ideal candidate will be experienced in the management and development of orchards. You will be equipped with knowledge on the most effective and cost productive ways to manage orchards to produce the very best fruit within budget.
Practical and hands on, you will have demonstrated ability to effectively lead and and train a team of staff and to drive a culture of committment towards QA Standards and WHS.
To be considered for the role its important you address the following criteria:
- Horticulture/Orchard management experience -essential
- University studies in Horticulture or equivalent (preferred)
- Apples and/or Cherries experience (preferred)
- ChemCert chemical handling certificate
- Drivers licence essential
- Experience in using and maintaining horticulture plant and equipment
- Demonstrated skills and experience in leading, managing, training and motivating a team.
- Are you available to work outside your usual hours when required? (e.g. weekends, evenings, public holidays)
- Are you willing to relocate for this role?