Advertiser: Vantage Freight Services Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 16 Mar 2020
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Consulting & Strategy, Management & Change Consulting
Vantage Freight Services Pty Ltd (VFS) is an independently owned International Freight Forwarding company established in January 1999.
Vantage Freight Services Pty Ltd is looking for a Management Consultant who has solid experience in logistics and freight forwarding that will assist the company in achieving greater efficiencies, and identifying potential opportunities for efficiency and effectiveness.
About the Role
Responsibilities will include:
- Communication and collaboration with management and staff members to improve efficiency and optimise business operations.
- Undertake review and gap analysis on upstream and downstream logistics, process and network re-engineering using professional software tools for supply chain, omni channel network management and warehouse management. Working on data supply chain Ecosystem Management and cost leakage control
- Assisting and encouraging the development of objectives, strategies and plans aimed at achieving customer satisfaction and the efficient use of organisations' resources right from customer data analysis, data mining, order management, Bill of lading terms, sea/ air freight, Port and customs related EDI management, door step delivery and online invoicing.
- Preparing and recommending proposals to revise methods and procedures, alter workflows, redefine job functions and resolve any organisational issues.
- propose/develop solutions to promote efficiency and growth.
- Further consultation and assisting in implementing approved recommendations, issuing revised instructions and procedure manuals to related departments, and drafting other documentation including setting up the Standard Operating Processes (SOP) for organisational growth.
- Promote continuous improvement of operations procedures and organisation capabilities and efficiency.
- Assist Board of Management in integrating partners, key overseas agents and other stakeholders for smooth system and operations integration.
- Engage with stakeholders and foster effective work relationship with staff members and external parties.
- Conduct regular training sessions and for in-house team members of all and working on the KPI’s (Key Performance Indicator) to track, visualize and optimise all logistic processes in an efficient way in supply chain process.
Key skills required include:
- Solid understanding of the operation and management of logistics, shipping and freight forwarding cycle.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Business and Management consultation, working in line with System integration for freight forwarding industry.
- 5-10 years’ relevant work experience in Logistics and freight forwarding industry
- Passion for solving organisational problems and achieving greater efficiency
- Experience in Product life cycle management, customer retention & customer management systems.
- Experience in working on Gap analysis, work flow charts & records with internal & external team and consulting on solutions with systems team.
- Ability to build relationships effectively with internal and external clients.
- Good project and time management skills – ability to handle multiple priorities and projects, organize work and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge on Australia – Vietnam, Australia –USA export import trade will be an added advantage
Bachelor’s degree or higher qualification in business/commerce or other similar field.
Salary $90,000 - $130,000 a year
Application closes 16th April 2020
- How many years of people management experience do you have?