Advertiser: pitt&sherryMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 16 Mar 2020
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Project Management
pitt&sherry is one of Australia's most dynamic consulting engineering companies. Formed in 1963, pitt&sherry has grown into a multi-discipline team of professional consultants servicing national transport, industrial, and community infrastructure markets. We provide expert design, analysis, modelling, planning and other consultancy services to a range of clients locally and interstate. We employ over 250 staff with offices in Launceston, Hobart, Devonport, Melbourne, Sydney, Newcastle, Wagga Wagga and Brisbane.
pitt&sherry are looking to reinforce our project management capacity through the attraction of an experienced, committed and talented Project Manager to be based in our Hobart office.
We are looking for a project manager with the ability to
- Manage the project team in accordance with our processes, contractual obligations and commercial objectives
- Meet project budgets
- First contact point for the client on the project
- Prepare proposals and contracts, including change orders in line with current delegations
- Obtaining confirmation of client agreement to proposal & contract terms, before commencing commission.
- Preparing project specific procedures to effectively manage delivery of professional services, as necessary
- Keep team members informed of project objectives, progress, commitments & changes
- Manage project risk
- Working with Team Leaders to provide adequate resources
- Assemble multi-disciplinary technical inputs to deliver value for money project outcomes
The successful person will be a tertiary qualified, self-motivated team player with around 10 years of relevant experience, with NPER Professional registration or equivalent and have demonstrated civil engineering and project management skills.
What is on offer?
- Project variety in terms of size, cost and technical requirements.
- Variety of long standing client relationships with a steady inflow of project work.
- Friendly office environment.
- Experienced team members to offer on the job training and support
- Remuneration in line with experience
- Great central location (Hobart based)
This exciting role will afford the opportunity for you to apply your civil engineering knowledge in a self directed manner to the investigation, analysis, design, documentation, construction surveillance and contract administration of civil engineering works of small to large scale and complexity. You will be required to lead design staff and sub-consultants to meet project timeframes and be responsible for budgeting and financial control of projects.
At pitt&sherry, we are committed to fostering a culture which values taking a sustainable approach in all that we do, empowering our people to achieve great outcomes through team work, collaboration and the freedom to be self directed in delivering on client needs. You will be supported by an excellent training / development scheme and a comprehensive salary / benefits package will be negotiated commensurate with experience to attract the right candidate.
Females as well as Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
To continue the conversation please click 'Apply' to forward your resume/CV and a cover letter briefly addressing why you would be the perfect candidate for this role.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a project manager?
- Which of the following types of infrastructure project do you have experience with?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Have you completed a qualification in engineering?