3D Road Designer
Advertiser: pitt&sherryMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 16 Mar 2020
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Civil/Structural Engineering
pitt&sherry is one of Australia's most dynamic consulting engineering companies. Formed in 1963, pitt&sherry has grown into a multi-discipline team of professional consultants servicing national transport, industrial, and community infrastructure markets. We provide expert design, analysis, modelling, planning and other consultancy services to a range of clients locally and interstate. We employ over 250 staff with offices in Launceston, Hobart, Devonport, Melbourne, Sydney, Newcastle, Wagga Wagga and Brisbane.
We are experiencing high demand for our civil design services and are seeking an experienced, committed and talented 3D Road Designer with generalist experience to be based in our Hobart office.
We are looking for
- A recognised industry accreditation
- 10+ years of demonstrated 3D civil road design and drafting experience using a recognised software package
- Ability to advise on technical problems, providing guidance on guidelines, standards and specifications, and review of work of support staff to ensure technical accuracy and adequacy
- Excellent time management skills, with an ability to multi-task, prioritise work, plan workload, meet deadlines and achieve set objectives
- Flexible and can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions
- Attention to detail, and problem-solving abilities using logic to analyse and identify underlying principles, reasons or facts associated with information or data to draw conclusions
- Takes pride in and is responsible and accountable for own work
- Excellent communication skills, being reliable, working hard, using initiative, and ability to work in a team as well as autonomously
- Desire to learn and develop skills and knowledge
What is on offer?
- Project variety in terms of size, cost and technical requirements.
- Variety of long-standing client relationships with a steady inflow of project work.
- Friendly office environment.
- Experienced team members to offer on the job training and support
- Remuneration in line with experience
- Great central location (Hobart based)
At pitt&sherry, we are committed to fostering a culture which values taking a sustainable approach in all that we do, empowering our people to achieve great outcomes through team work, collaboration and the freedom to be self directed in delivering on client needs. You will be supported by an excellent training / development scheme and a comprehensive salary / benefits package will be negotiated commensurate with experience to attract the right candidate.
Females as well as Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
To continue the conversation please click 'Apply' to forward your resume/CV and a cover letter briefly addressing why you would be the perfect candidate for this role.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a designer?
- Which of the following types of infrastructure project do you have experience with?
- Which of the following CAD software do you have experience with?
- What's your expected annual base salary?