- Job Listing Date
- 17 Mar 2020
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Education & Training, Workplace Training & Assessment
About LGP and LGP Training
LGP is a business arm of Local Government NSW (LGNSW), the membership association for all councils in NSW. LGP is also a ‘prescribed entity’ under s55 of the Local Government Act 1993 (NSW) and the Local Government (General) Regulation 2005 (NSW). LGP provides fully integrated procurement services that include establishing contract panels, consulting, professional development and contract management.
LGP provides end-to-end procurement training through a series of innovative learning and development solutions, tailored specifically to meet the needs of procurement professionals in the local government sector. The courses range from the basic eLearning modules in procurement and contracting up to nationally accredited qualifications, currently delivered in partnership with external service providers.
About the Role
As a part of its strategic plan, LGP Training is in the process of establishing a panel of competent trainers. This will enable LGP to continue delivering quality procurement, contacting and project management courses and building capabilities of the local government sector. We are looking for highly motivated and adaptable professionals who have expertise in the above-mentioned domains, along with a flair for and experience in workplace training. Depending on their proficiency and skill sets, the successful applicants will be engaged on an ongoing need basis to deliver LGP training programs.
- Deliver assigned training courses in LGP Sydney office, regional locations and at clients’ premises.
- Effectively facilitate and manage an inclusive training environment.
- Contribute and proactively participate in ensuring continuous improvement of training resources and delivery methods.
- Complete and retain all training records accurately.
- Maintain currency of qualifications and relevant industry experience.
- In conjunction with the LGP Training Manager, resolve any complaints/issues in accordance with company grievance procedures, documenting incidents and outcomes.
Skills and attributes
1. Ability to carry out extensive research and keep up to date with the industry trends in the key domain area/s.
2. Have a high level of organisational and time management skills.
3. Possess high level written and verbal communication skills, comprising the skill to resolve conflict situations.
4. Strong computer literacy skills, including the Microsoft suite of products, learning management systems and other training tools.
Knowledge and experience
5. Demonstrated experience of working in the core realm of procurement/contracting/project.
6. Knowledge and experience in delivering workplace training, preferably in government sector, will be an added advantage.
7. Must already hold TAE40116 - Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or likely to complete this qualification by end of 2020.
The below mentioned two staged process will be followed to select candidates to be a part of LGP Panel of Trainers.
Stage One: Interview
Based on the essential requirements as listed above, suitable shortlisted applicants will be called for an interview.
Stage Two: Presentation
Eligible candidates who qualify in stage one will be invited to demonstrate their training capabilities through a presentation. Key aspects of this stage include:
- Candidates can choose a topic of their choice from the procurement/contracting/project management area to prepare a Power Point Presentation using any training tool of choice.
- The presentation should last for 30 mins including the Q & A.
The successful panel trainers will enjoy the following benefits:
- Competitive (above industry standard) hourly rate dependent upon experience and qualifications.
- Modern teaching environment with up-to-date equipment and facilities.
- Ongoing opportunity to cross train in related streams and deliver other courses on offer.
How to apply?
To apply for this position, please include:
- A cover letter and curriculum vitae
- The names and contact details of two professional referees
- Answers to five questions given below
For any further clarifications/ discussions regarding this position, please contact Niv Roy, LGP Training Manager on 0406 621 023 or send an email. Closing date: 30 April 2020
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a trainer and assessor?
- Do you have a TAE40116 - Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or likely to complete this qualification by end of 2020?
- Are you available to make a presentation of about 30 mins if you move to the second round of the selection process?
- What's your minimum expected hourly rate?