- Job Listing Date
- 18 Mar 2020
- Gold Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Web Development & Production
Bindaree Food Group is a customer focused and vertically integrated food manufacturing business with operations both domestically and internationally.
We currently have an opportunity within our Information Technology (IT) department for a Web Application Developer to join the team based within our Burleigh Heads Queensland facility. The successful candidate will form part of the Groups development team predominantly working within the Microsoft stack to deliver web-based applications to meet our growing business needs.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Developing a strong understanding of how each business unit operates and how they contribute to the overall success of the business.
- Work with business stakeholders to understand their pain points and prioritise development work to deliver improved business capability and efficiency.
- Design and develop user interfaces and digital experiences that promote rapid end user adoption.
- Produce application documentation including end user instructions, technical design documents as well as application release notes etc.
- Perform a level of self-application testing, identifying and fixing any bugs prior to official testing cycles commencing with business stakeholders.
- Operate within the agreed application development lifecycle and step through all testing, documentation and release stage gates for all new applications and enhancements.
- Provide a level of onsite desktop and application support to staff on an as required basis and as part of a small support team.
- 2+ years’ experience in web application development utilising Microsoft technologies (MS Visual Studio, MS SQL Server, Microsoft IIS etc).
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to employees across all levels of the business, understanding their pain points and developing plans to remediate them.
- Ability to think strategically, anticipate objections and solve complex issues without unnecessary escalation and intervention required.
Essential qualifications and additional requirements
- Demonstrated commercial and business acumen.
- Willingness to travel domestically for business purposes.
- Willingness to vary work hours to help reduce the impact of technology change or interruption on business operations.
- Current Australian driver’s license.
- Q-Fever inoculation will be mandatory.
If you are interested in joining a successful organisation in the food industry – an organisation which is committed to delivering significant future growth outcomes – then please apply for this position through the SEEK website by close of business Sunday 5th April 2020.