- Job Listing Date
- 18 Mar 2020
- Gold Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering
Bindaree Food Group is a customer focused and vertically integrated food manufacturing business with operations both domestically and internationally.
We currently have an opportunity within our Information Technology (IT) department for a Control Systems Engineer to join the team based within our Burleigh Heads Queensland facility. The successful candidate will be responsible for all industrial automation across the Groups manufacturing sites with a view to maintain, improve and implement new solutions where appropriate.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Developing a strong understanding of how each business unit operates and how they contribute to the overall success of the business.
- Evaluate existing automation solutions to gain a thorough understanding of what is already in place and identify possible improvements that can be made.
- Work with key business stakeholders to identify new automation opportunities that will either improve safety or production standards.
- Cost out new solutions and improvements, seeking purchasing approvals and manage implementation with key business stakeholders.
- Ensure all PLC programming is robust, free from logic errors and fit for purpose.
- Develop control, monitoring and alerting solutions using the Ignition SCADA platform in combination with HMI devices. Develop SCADA screens that are mobile friendly where appropriate.
- Work with technology business intelligence developers to deliver reporting of key metrics on an as required basis.
- 5+ years’ experience in PLC programming with exposure to Allen Bradley and Siemens hardware.
- Strong SCADA design and development skills. Ignition software experience preferred but Citect and Factory Talk highly regarded.
- A strong understanding of refrigeration components, variable speed drives, conveyors systems, emergency stop systems, proximity and counting sensors, message boards, lighting control etc.
- A deep thinker who is able to logically break down complex requirements into a series of smaller parts and able to develop solutions that are robust and error free.
- Ability to articulate benefits of automation opportunity in a concise and logical manner.
Essential qualifications and additional requirements
- Demonstrated commercial and business acumen.
- Willingness to travel domestically for business purposes.
- Willingness to vary work hours to help reduce the impact of technology change or interruption on business operations.
- Current Australian driver’s license.
- Q-Fever inoculation will be mandatory.
If you are interested in joining a successful organisation in the food industry – an organisation which is committed to delivering significant future growth outcomes – then please apply for this position through the SEEK website by close of business Sunday 5th April 2020.