Advertiser: Recognition PR P/LMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 19 Mar 2020
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Accounting, Financial Managers & Controllers
Are you looking to join a team that has been growing for more than 30 years, and has aggressive growth plans for the next five years and beyond? Recognition is looking for an experienced finance manager to join our team.
Recognition began operating in 1985 and is one of Australia's most well-respected independent business-to-business PR firms. We have three offices across the east coast of Australia. Recognition forms part of a group of independently Australian owned agencies. You can find out more about us at www.prandmarketing.com.au.
We're looking for an experienced finance manager to join our team in a part time capacity and to take control of the finance function. Reporting directly to the CEO, this role will be approximately 25 hours worked across 4 to 5 days.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Xero reconciliations, including bank feed reconciling
- Providing weekly creditors, debtors and cash flow reports to the CEO
- Creditor payments
- Quarterly BAS processing and monthly IAS processing
- Fortnightly payroll
- Debtor chasing
- Bank and credit card account management
- Working with the CEO on modelling and projections as required
- Preparing the monthly P&L and balance sheet reports
- Proactively reviewing expense management and improvements
- Assisting the accountants with the end of year and statutory accounts
- Gathering and interpreting data to respond to finance queries
- Examining financial reports for accuracy
- Maintaining and updating financial procedures
- Managing the delegation of workload for our in-house part time bookkeeper, providing support where required.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold CPA or CA qualifications, or an accounting degree with relevant experience as a finance manager
- Have experience in a consulting business or hourly billing business environment (ideal)
- Demonstrate strong financial and commercial acumen
- Have strong Xero experience
- Have a high level of financial budgeting, analysis & reporting skills
What we offer
- Outstanding team that is results driven
- A culture that fosters and promotes wellbeing and work life balance
- Team App to share news and encourage inspiration across our group of companies in real time
- Salary offered in line with your experience and skills
To find out more about our culture and benefits please visit https://www.recognition.com.au/what-is-it-like-to-work-with-us/.
We support a flexible working environment and you can find out a more about our approach to work/life harmony at www.fulltimewoman.com.au.
How to apply
If this sounds like you please submit an application by clicking the “Apply” button. For further information please email Melissa Andrew at Melissa_Andrew@recognition.com.au.
Must have the right to work in Australia.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a finance manager?
- Do you have experience using Xero?