- Job Listing Date
- 19 Mar 2020
- $63,958.00 - $74,673.00 pa, plus 15.4% super
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Advertising, Arts & Media, Photography
Applications are invited from suitably qualified people who are interested in an appointment to the AFP.
The mission of the AFP is to provide dynamic and effective law enforcement to the people of Australia. It provides policing throughout Australia in relation to the prevention and detection of crimes against the Commonwealth, its laws and integrity, and community police services to the Community of the ACT.
Your duties will include:
Contributing to supporting ACT Policing’s communications needs by delivering high quality video, photographic and audio material for a wide variety of purposes, including:
- Social Media platforms
- Public disseminations of operational activities
- Professional television, print and online promotional and advertising campaigns
- Media press conferences and interviews
- The Constable Kenny Koala program
- Annual Report, internal magazine and other publications.
Essential requirements, skills or experience:
- Experience in video and audio recording equipment including cameras, managing storage devices, microphones, tripods, lights and other related devices
- Proficiency in the use of editing software, including a comprehensive understanding of Adobe Creative Suite and Final Cut Pro
- Demonstrated strong visual sense and creativity with a passion for collaboration
- Attention to detail, developed verbal communication and interpersonal skill
Desirable requirements, skills or experience:
- Experience in graphic design is desirable, but not essential.
- To be eligible you must be an Australian Citizen.
- A Negative Vetting 1 (Secret) security clearance or the ability to obtain one.
- Relevant tertiary qualification or extensive experience and knowledge in the fields of video production, broadcast media or professional photography
- Demonstrated relevant contemporary knowledge and experience of professional video editing and live broadcast.
- Should you be shortlisted for this role, a show reel/portfolio demonstrating your work will be required as part of this recruitment process
- The working pattern for this position is Operations with the successful applicant required to work a roster and support the broader business requirements of the area. As such, you will be subject to the appropriate conditions detailed in the AFP Enterprise Agreement
- This position will be offered for a period of 24 months.
- Organising your work, making sound decisions and achieving outcomes
- Communicating and working effectively with other people
- Applying technical knowledge, expertise and skills
What do we offer?
The AFP offers an attractive remuneration package, including salary, superannuation benefits and flexible working conditions appropriate to the level of the position. For further details, refer to the Enterprise Agreement at https://www.afp.gov.au/careers/benefits-conditions/afp-enterprise-agreement-2017-2020
How to apply:
- To apply visit the AFP’s Career Page at: https://www.afp.gov.au/careers/vacancies
- Refer to the ‘Required Application Documents’ section on the job ad on the AFP Careers Page
- If you have a disability/medical condition and require a copy of this advertisement and attached documentation in an accessible format or would like to discuss an access requirements/reasonable adjustment for the recruitment process, please contact AFPRecruitment@afp.gov.au
Applications close: 11.59pm (AEST) on 2 April 2020.
As an inclusive organisation, the AFP provides opportunity for all Australians to fairly gain employment in the AFP. We appreciate that everyone is unique and acknowledge that diversity in thought leads to greater transparency and improved consideration in our decision making.