Advertiser: Connect Child and Family Services LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 19 Mar 2020
- Blue Mountains & Central West
- $40 - $54.99 per hour+Salary Packaging Benefits
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Teaching - Early Childhood
Connect Child and Family Services Ltd (Connect) is a not-for-profit organisation helping families nurture and educate their children. Serving communities in the Blue Mountains, Lithgow, Hawkesbury and Western Sydney, we are committed to overcoming barriers to a child's development, their transition into school, and into community life.
In 2019 Connect merged with Lapstone Preschool Kindergarten Association Inc. Lapstone has been operating in the lower Blue Mountains for 50 years as a preschool and early intervention service, following the same values and offering quality programs to the children and families of the community.
Lapstone Preschool is a 36-place inclusive centre-based Preschool service operating 8.30am to 3.30pm weekdays for children 3 to 5 years. This well-loved local service is currently looking for an experienced Director with an ACECQA approved ECT qualification. The Full time position will lead the team of educators in providing a high quality inclusive and innovative Early Childhood Education and Care program to children and their families.
We are looking for a person who is committed to Early Childhood Education. You will have access to professional development opportunities and work alongside the Connect team of professionals, as well as being supported by Connect’s Early Childhood Services Operations Manager.
- Hold an ACECQA Approved Early Childhood Teacher qualification
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Preschool services, at a senior level
- Demonstrated knowledge and implementation of the National Quality Framework and the Early Years Learning Framework.
- Demonstrated understanding and implementation of current approaches, practices and theories of Early Childhood Education
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with children and their families from diverse and vulnerable backgrounds.
- Demonstrated practice in building community partnerships
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently and under supervision
- Demonstrated team leadership, mentoring and management skills
- Demonstrated communication, organisational time management, and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated ability to implement and maintain administrative systems essential to the smooth operation of an early childhood centre, including using software systems and platforms.
- Experience in developing and managing budgets
The successful candidate must hold a cleared Working with Children Check and current Police Check, as well as having current Child Protection and First Aid qualifications.
Please email enquiries and applications to email@example.com. Applications must include a current Resume and a Covering Letter addressing the above eligibility criteria.