- Job Listing Date
- 19 Mar 2020
- Work Type
- Mining, Resources & Energy, Mining - Exploration & Geoscience
Boart Longyear is the world's leading provider of drilling services, drilling equipment, and performance tooling for mining and drilling companies globally. The company's Global Drilling Services division operates in over 40 countries with a diverse mining customer base spanning a wide range of commodities, including copper, gold, nickel, zinc, uranium, and other metals and minerals.
We are currently seeking candidates for Driller Assistant roles working on a new drilling project in the Northern Territory. We are looking for candidates who are production-driven with a strong commitment to Health & Safety, and have a strong team focus. The successful candidates will work a roster consisting of 2:2 or 2:1.
Please note - these roles are due to commence start May 2020. Please indicate your availability to commence in early May in your application.
About the Role:
As a Driller's Assistant you will be:
- Conducting Daily pre-start equipment checks
- Assisting with routine maintenance
- Assisting with mixing drilling mud's/fluids/chemicals/cement
- Assisting with loading and unloading heavy vehicles
- Maintaining a clean and hazard free work environment
- Setting up/dismantling/moving drill rigs and equipment
- Cleaning drill rigs, vehicles, equipment and tools
- Assist to set up/dismantle/move rigs and associated equipment
- Conducting and completing necessary safety paperwork and processes
- Experience working in a similar position is preferable, however not essential
- Current HR-B or HR Unrestricted Drivers Licence is essential
- National Police clearance or ability to provide (essential)
- First Aid certificate or ability to undertake (essential)
- Demonstrated personal commitment to safety
- Team player
- Ability to pass a full pre-employment medical
- Right to work in Australia
- Working for one of the world leading providers of drilling products and services in their extensive NT operations
- Excellent ongoing training and developmental opportunities
- Competitive shift rates
- FIFO roster
- Flights (from Darwin) and site accommodation provided
If you are interested in this excellent career opportunity, please apply now!
- Do you have a heavy vehicle driver's licence?
- Are you willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- Have you completed a qualification in drilling operations?
- Which of the following First Aid accreditations do you currently hold?