- Job Listing Date
- 20 Mar 2020
- Toowoomba & Darling Downs
- Work Type
- Retail & Consumer Products, Retail Assistants
Are you looking for an exciting career opportunity in sales?
Are you passionate about serving customers?
Are you energetic, responsible and enthusiastic with a strong customer focus?
Yes, Yes and Yes – then we have an excellent opportunity for you to work in one of our BMS Mitre 10 stores in Toowoomba, Queensland offering knowledgeable, friendly and helpful advice and assistance to customers selling hardware, building supplies and timber.
The successful part time applicant:
Will work between 20 and 60 hours per fortnight.
Will be required to work weekends.
Must have good computer skills including mouse, keyboard and windows.
Reporting to the Manager your Key Responsibilities will include:
- Customer service and processing sales;
- Providing advice on the sales floor and over the phone;
- Putting away stock; and
- Store Housekeeping.
You will also need a neat and tidy appearance and a happy disposition along with a good work ethic, a current driver's licence and your own transport.
The role will involve heavy lifting and repetitive movement.
If you are a cheerful, well-organised team player, then this is an excellent opportunity for you.
Applicants will be selected for an interview based on the assessment of their application.
The application MUST HAVE A COVER LETTER in which the applicant introduces themselves AND A DETAILED RESUME advising of:
- Academic results, vocational training, further education, etc.
- Employment history including employer name, dates of employment, a description of positions held, responsibilities and duties, reason for leaving the employer – gaps in employment history should be avoided.
- The names, addresses and contact phone numbers of three (3) confidential present and/or past employer referees.
- Do you have experience in a sales role?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- This role will involve some heavy lifting and repetitive movement. Do you have any disability or impairment or medical condition that would interfere with your capacity to lift 30 kg's?
- Are you currently employed? If Yes, who is your employer and what are your duties?
- Where did you gain your experience in the retail industry?