Personal Care Workers - WE NEED YOU!
Advertiser: Mercy ServicesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 20 Mar 2020
- Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
- Work Type
- Community Services & Development, Aged & Disability Support
About Mercy Services
Mercy Services is a Ministry of the Institute of Sisters of Mercy of Australia and Papua New Guinea (ISMAPNG) founded by Catherine McAuley, in Ireland in 1831.
Mercy Services operates in the Newcastle, Lake Macquarie and Hunter regions of NSW to provide individualised holistic, proactive and integrated services for vulnerable people and their carers.
About the Role
We are seeking compassionate and committed individuals who are genuinely looking to make a difference in the lives of others. Working within our Home and Community Care Team, this role provides exceptional care and support to our valued home care clients.
The role of Community Care Assistant (CCA) undertakes a wide range of duties from the provision of high level personal care to household cleaning to supporting people within their own homes to reach their personal goals. Other duties may involve showering, dressing, cooking, grocery shopping and supporting with medical appointments and socialising in the community.
Casual opportunities are available across morning, day and afternoon shifts. There is also excellent potential for permanent employment and further training.
Safety of our clients and staff is of upmost importance to us and we have ensured appropriate safety precautions are in place to continue to provide the much needed care to our clients during this time.
For further information, please visit the Mercy Services website; https://mercyservices.org.au/news
To be successful for these positions you must possess:
- A genuine passion for helping people
- Certificate III in Home and Community Care (Aged Care) or equivalent
- A willingness to actively support people across a wide range of duties from personal care to general domestic duties
- Professionalism and alignment with the values and ethos of Mercy Services.
- Demonstrated ability to uphold a high standard of integrity and reliability at all times
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to liaise with a wide range of customers from diverse social and cultural backgrounds
- Current drivers licence and reliable motor vehicle (vehicle registered and comprehensively insured)
- Exceptional ability to work independently, show initiative when required and effectively manage time
- Proficient in use of electronic technology including smart phones, email and internet
- Current First Aid Certificate, successful Police Check and clear Working With Children Check
As part of our Employment screening process you will be required to undertake a National Criminal Record Check and Working With Children Check. Applicants must demonstrate the right to work in Australia.
Mercy Services are passionately committed to the protection of vulnerable people and are looking for individuals who hold the same strong principles towards client safeguarding.
Please click the Apply Now button. All applications should include a resume and a cover letter addressing the criteria listed above.
For further information about Mercy Services visit www.mercyservices.org.au
Mercy Services supports increasing opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a personal care worker?
- Have you completed a qualification in aged care?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?