Advertiser: Surveyors Board of QueenslandMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 20 Mar 2020
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- CEO & General Management, CEO
The Surveyors Board of Queensland is the regulatory body for the Queensland surveying profession and has responsibility for the administration of the Surveyors Act 2003. The role of the Board is to protect the public by ensuring surveys are carried out by competent professionals. The Board has the responsibility for the registration of persons under the Act and the development and assessment of competency standards to meet registration requirements. The Board is also responsible for the investigation of professional conduct issues and disciplinary proceedings.
The Board is seeking an experienced Degree qualified executive to administer the Board’s statutory responsibilities and represent the Board to the surveying profession. Management and administration experience gained in a regulatory/membership organisation, whilst desirable, is not considered essential. Strong communication skills will be required to develop and lead key relationships across a wide range of stakeholders. This is a hands-on role for an experienced leader to work closely with a small team and take responsibility for both the strategic, financial and administrative functions of the Board.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a proven record of strategic capability, commercial acumen, contemporary leadership skills, high level attention to detail and personal qualities of credibility, integrity and authenticity.
The key responsibilities of the Executive Officer include:
- Development of the Board agenda, preparation of Board minutes and implementation of Board decisions
- Complete and present financial, operational and project management reports to the Board
- Process and administer all Board financial transactions
- Prepare yearly statutory accounts and liaise with external auditors
- Prepare the statutory annual report
- Administer the yearly renewal of registration for all Queensland surveyors
- Administer applications for renewal of registration and competency assessment
- Assist members of the public with any queries or concerns about surveying issues
- Manage and administer investigative and disciplinary mechanisms
- Analyse complex issues and to present options and make recommendations to the Board
- Represent the Board at the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal
- Develop and maintain relationships with government departments, other regulatory bodies and professional member associations
- Provide daily support for operational staff ensuring they have the resources required to deliver on all financial and business objectives of the Board
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years of business management experience do you have?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- Have you completed a qualification in business?