Learning Support Teacher
Advertiser: Malek Fahd Islamic SchoolMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 20 Mar 2020
- Sydney, North West & Hills District
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Teaching - Secondary
Full-time Maternity Relief Position for 2020 at Beaumont Hills Campus
Malek Fahd Islamic School is a Kindergarten to Year 12 Muslim School with around 2800 students across three campuses: Greenacre, Beaumont Hills and Hoxton Park. This position will be based at our Beaumont Hills campus and is open to all faiths.
Applications are invited for a qualified, enthusiastic and experienced Learning Support Teacher with a focus on Year K to 12 Curriculum to join its vibrant team who will be sympathetic to the philosophy of education in our Islamic School.
Specific Selection Criteria
- Tertiary Qualification
- A degree in Special Education and /or TESOL
- Experience in implementing learning intervention programs, eg. MiniLit, MultiLit and MacqLit and experience teaching students with special needs
- Familiarity and implementation of the NCCD process.
- Demonstrate the ability to differentiate teaching programs and making adjustments based on identified needs through the development of Individual Education Plans (IEPs) that enhance student outcomes.
- Be able to provide direct support for students with additional learning and support needs through a range of strategies (including in class support, team teaching, small group tuition and one-to-one intervention).
- Experience with using programs such as Get Reading Right and Springboards Guided Reading
- Administer formalised testing of students, eg. YARC, NEALE and PM Benchmarking and conduct assessment of students in order to provide teaching and learning strategies that enhance the learning outcomes of students with disabilities and students with learning difficulties
- Sound knowledge of the Disability Standards of Education.
The Application Process
When preparing your application for our consideration, please include:
- A covering letter addressed to the Principal
- Your Curriculum Vitae (CV) including NESA Teacher accreditation information with telephone contact details of three supporting referees
- Current Working with Children Number and expiry date
Applications close at 9.00am on Friday, 3rd April 2020 and should be addressed to:
Mr Bruce Rixon
Malek Fahd Islamic School