- Job Listing Date
- 20 Mar 2020
- Toowoomba & Darling Downs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Science & Technology, Laboratory & Technical Services
Veolia is a global leader in the provision of Water, Waste and Energy services, with the vision to address some of the greatest challenges of the 21st century by reducing our effect on the environment whilst making a true impact on local communities. Our Water division is responsible for ensuring the provision of high quality drinking water to the Australian public by purifying otherwise unusable reserves of water.
Veolia is looking for a highly analytical and innovative Laboratory Technician, with a meticulous attention to detail and the ability to work autonomously and in a team environment. In this role you will ensure our purification processes, and furthermore the quality of the water we distribute, is always held to the highest possible standard. You will gain exposure to world class facilities and technology, while working alongside some of the best and brightest in the Water and Oil and Gas industries.
We encourage local applicants to apply and alternatively have a fly in, fly out option out of Brisbane. Please note that local team members will have the option to do a 5/2 roster and FIFO candidates will be on a 10/4 roster.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Being the on-site expert for regulatory guidelines and OH&S, carrying out laboratory testing to a high standard whilst delivering the company’s commitment to provide safe and high quality drinking water
- Consistently sample and test water to ensure quality is consistently high, conducting a spectrum of scientific tests and continuously reporting back to relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Act as the key point of liasion between senior process engineers, operational staff and maintenance managers to communicate key project updates
- Training and mentoring of operational staff and junior team members
- Ensuring all projects and tests are recorded to perfection, entering key parameters in the data base to continually track and optimise
- Responsibility over auditing projects and tracking use of equipment
- Procurement of materials for laboratory use, alongside contract and headcount management
- A tertiary qualification in a Chemical or Laboratory-based field
- Demonstrable experience in waste water treatment and testing, with a sound understanding of wastewater treatment operations
- Outstanding oral and written communication, with the ability to inform multiple stakeholders at key project milestones
- Advanced Excel ability to input and track important metrics
- Experience with Quality Assurance systems
What You’ll Get From Us
We realise exceptional people don’t choose jobs based solely on benefits, but we do our best to make sure that you’re set up for success so you can do your best work. We expose our professionals to some of the most innovative and inspiring thought leaders in the world and offer the opportunity to get involved with case studies that will be innovations of the future.
Headquartered in Paris, Veolia operates in more than 40 countries and is the global leader in optimised resource management designing and providing water, waste and energy management solutions that contributes to the sustainable development of communities and industries.
At Veolia we value diversity, equality and inclusion, we are committed to providing working environments where everyone is included and treated fairly and with respect. We welcome and encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent and people from diverse backgrounds to apply
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?