GENERAL MANAGERPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 21 Mar 2020
- Mackay & Coalfields
- $150K Base + Superannuation
- Work Type
- Full Time
- CEO & General Management, General/Business Unit Manager
- Rare and exciting leadership opportunity
- Australia’s newest METS industry innovation incubator
- Live and work in beautiful Mackay QLD
- Up to $150K base + superannuation
About the company:
After years of visioning and planning, the Resource Centre of Excellence (RCOE) is scheduled to commence operation in July 2020. RCOE is Australia’s newest skills and innovation incubator sustaining the growth and evolution within the METS sector. It will interlock businesses with educators, research providers and other stakeholders to establish the Mackay region as a globally connected METS enterprise hotspot. RCOE is poised to deliver economic growth, technology development and job creation, particularly in emerging careers.
About the role and person:
The RCOE Board is seeking to appoint a General Manager to oversee the final stage of the Centre’s development and then turn the strategy into action.
Our General Manager is a team player whose experience and energy can bring the RCOE vision to life. They will be a proven ‘hands on’ proactive and entrepreneurial leader who has previous experience in a SLT role in the METS or associated sector. They are a convincing communicator and are motivated to apply new thinking to rattle the status-quo. Proven project management know-how will be valuable given the ‘start up’ nature of the Centre. Finally, our General Manager will be authentic and exercise integrity and accountability, exhibiting a sense of ownership and commitment to the success of the RCOE.
Broadly, our General Manager will:
- Manage the operational activities, ensuring they are consistent with RCOE strategy;
- Shape a positive culture through strong leadership and behaviours;
- Ensure RCOE’s mission and vision are present in a strong and positive way;
- Use creative thinking and industry know-how to develop and deliver services and projects;
- Proactively manage close and positive relationships with stakeholders;
- Develop and execute financial plans;
- Develop, implement and manage operational systems, process and procedures.
This is a rare leadership opportunity for someone who strives to make their mark on the sustainability, evolution and growth of the METS sector within the community.
For further information or to request a detailed position description please email email@example.com or call 0427 227 885. To apply, email a detailed cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your key achievements and experience relevant to our General Manager role.
Applications close COB 6 April 2020.