Policy Officers x2 APS 6/EL1
Advertiser: Silverstone EdgeMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 21 Mar 2020
- Work Type
- Government & Defence, Government - Federal
About the company:
Silverstone Edge is a transformation consultancy with a focus on capability development to bring innovative, client centred policy design and implementation. We have partnered with the Department of Social Services to build capability and capacity in the critical Communities social policy area.
About the roles:
The Try, Test and Learn (TTL) Fund was established to design, implement and test new or innovative approaches to improving workforce participation and/or work capacity for groups of people at risk of long-term welfare dependence. The aim was to bring new ideas, innovative approaches, experimentation and flexibility to programs, with a focus on outcomes and responsiveness to evaluation, data and stakeholders.
The results and findings from the TTL Fund will inform Government policy regarding the transformation of existing, and investment in new, welfare programs.
We are seeking experienced, forward-thinking policy officers at APS6 and/or EL1 level to undertake program analysis, evaluation and policy development/advice for TTL. We are seeking people with demonstrated experience in:
- Analysing and evaluating complex programs, using a variety of data sources and developing strong evidence based advice, and policy development.
- Can think about the bigger picture, forward strategic agenda, manage upwards and work as a team across the branch.
- Highly organised and can proactively lead projects while managing issues that impact internal and external stakeholders
- Good communicator who can negotiate with stakeholders and represent the office in internal and external meetings
Must be able to write well and prepare complex briefings and material for the executive and Ministers
Interpret, draft and review policy and procedural directions
Conduct research and analysis activities in support of new policy
Contribute to the planning and implementation of wider departmental policies and objectives
Provide expert advice on more complex areas of policy
Liaise with internal and external stakeholders
These roles will suit people with proven APS 6 or EL 1 experience who want to contribute to a complex area of social policy.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive remuneration
- Ongoing professional and performance development
- Committed, supportive leadership
- Do you hold Australian Security Clearance?
- How many years' experience do you have as a policy officer?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?