Advertiser: Mellor OlssonMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 22 Mar 2020
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Legal, Generalists - Law Firm
We are Mellor Olsson, a well-established and respected South Australian law firm. The firm has a strong background of stability, strategic growth and an excellent reputation for providing quality legal services. We have three offices across the state with over 90 team members. As an organisation, we are committed to the growth of our team members and we also live our values of; integrity, respect, excellence, reliability, and success.
A new opportunity exists for a professional, personable and results driven Law Graduate or Lawyer. You will work across various Commercial and Property matters and will gain valuable mentoring and coaching by working directly with experienced practitioners. As part of our team we will expect you to be proactive and client focused, producing quality, accurate legal work in a timely manner. This is a genuine opportunity to develop a legal career and enhance your technical skills in a supportive environment.
Your role will include;
- Drafting and amending a range of Commercial and Property documents;
- Attending and conducting client interviews;
- Professionally liaising with internal and external clients and other stakeholders via both phone and email;
- Drafting correspondence and advice;
- Efficiently preparing monthly client billing;
- Conducting online searches;
- Conducting high level legal research; and
- Working closely in a team to achieve strategic outcomes.
To be successful in this role, you will;
- Be admitted, or be eligible to be admitted, to practise law in South Australia;
- Have graduated with a Bachelor of Laws or a double degree;
- Demonstrated attention to detail and organisation skills;
- Have an ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing;
- Demonstrate an ability to work collaboratively in a team environment;
- Be driven to achieve results for clients
- Accept and learn from constructive feedback and;
- be prepared to work hard to learn and to contribute as a valued team member.
The firm will cover the costs for CPD and other relevant approved training, your practising certificate and relevant professional memberships. You will also have the opportunity of; attending social events, networking events and community involvement initiatives.
If this role sounds of interest, please send your cover letter, resume and a copy of your academic transcripts to email@example.com or you can find out more by contacting Nadine Quarello our People & Culture Manager, on 08 8414 3413.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you hold a current Australian legal practising certificate?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Have you completed a qualification in law?