Junior Draftsperson /Revit Technician Part Time
Advertiser: Site Clean Building and Construction ServicesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 22 Mar 2020
- Melbourne, Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Design & Architecture, Architectural Drafting
About the business
SCMS – School Builders is a commercial construction, building design and project management company based in Werribee, Victoria. SCMS has been operating since 2002, with a focus on delivering specialised construction, design and design & construct services to the education sector. We are also involved with a number of regional council's in Victoria, working to deliver architectural services for female friendly & universally accessible sporting pavilions.
About the role
With our current and projected workload, we are looking to add another multi-skilled, self-motivated and detail driven Junior Draftsperson/Revit Technician to our team.
Reporting to our Design Manager, you will have a minimum of 2 years of Revit experience with a good understanding of the BCA and AS1428.1. You will be a strong team player with good verbal and written communication skills and possess the confidence and ability to work independently and across a range of tasks within the office.
Skills and experience
- Contribute to the conceptual layout design of various types of architectural projects
- Deliver documentation for Schematic Design, Design Development and Contract Documentation
- Understand the NCC/BCA and Australian Standards, particularly AS1428
- Assist with the co-ordination of sub consultants
- Responding to RFIs and assisting with the application of Building permits and delivery of projects on time
- Willingness to contribute to general office duties and tasks handed to you as the need arises
To be successful, you will need:
- Either an Advanced Diploma of Building Design (Architectural); or Diploma in Building Design & Drafting; or a Diploma of Building Design & Technology or Equivalent; or a Bachelor of Architecture.
- High competency in Revit (essential) and AutoCad (desirable).
- A working knowledge of building materials, their function and physical properties and construction methods.
- Knowledge of applicable codes, laws, rules and standards regulating the design and construction of buildings in Australia.
- An ability to express ideas effectively both orally and in writing.
- An ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with clients and technical experts.
- Some experience and/or qualifications in Project Management is advantageous
Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position. SCMS is an equal opportunity employer and promotes equality and diversity. All applications and enquiries will be treated in strict confidence. Applications for this position MUST be lodged via Seek or forwarded attention to Kyle Davidson, email@example.com
- Which of the following CAD software do you have experience with?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of the Building Code of Australia (BCA)?