- Job Listing Date
- 22 Mar 2020
- Sydney, North West & Hills District
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Accounts Payable
McDonald’s Australia is the largest quick service restaurant operation in the country. Fondly known as “Macca's”, we are famous in the global McDonald’s world for adding beetroot to our Aussie burgers and creating the world’s first McCafé in Melbourne. A household name in Australia for over 40 years, we believe that our customers are the heart and soul of everything we do and make it our mission to make every moment count.
Could you be our next Accounts Payable Officer?
Sitting within Global Business Services and McDonald’s Australian Finance department, the AP team collectively work together to review and process recurring payment runs and reconcile a high volume of accounts payable ledger accounts.
As an Accounts Payable Officer- Property you will manage the property ledger for leased sites. This includes reconciling accounts, coding invoices and gaining approval before sending to the data entry team for processing. A high level of attention to detail and efficiency is needed in this role to ensure invoices are coded correctly and paid prior to due dates.
What can you expect on a day-to-day basis?
- Maintain, analyse and reconcile accounts for leased sites, including:
- Prepare, record, verify and pay vendor invoices for goods and services on a timely basis, and respond to vendor queries
- Ensure all approvals are obtained in line with policies and procedures
- Perform lessor account reconciliations
- Communicate with our Franchisees regarding payments made on their behalf
- Provide support and guidance to McDonald’s restaurants, Franchisees, departments and suppliers to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the financial statements.
- Perform weekly supplier payment runs, and ad hoc online payments
- Perform Standard Monthly Payment activities to the required standard and within expected deadlines
- Maintain, analyse and reconcile accounts payable ledger accounts, financial statements and reports as allocated to support the team
- Prepare and send monthly and ad hoc sales certificates to lessors in AU & NZ
- Provide support to cross functional teams as requested; both within the department and broader business
Compliance & Reporting
- Support the ongoing development and evaluation of accounts payable policies and procedures to improve efficiencies and processes as well as ensure they are properly documented
- Ensure strict adherence to external and internal controls and policies at all times
- Provide clear guidance on compliance to procedures and processes with both internal and external customers
- Complete exception reporting
- Maintain internal control procedures to safeguard the financial integrity of the company
- Effectively carry out all duties associated with the accounts payable processes to support the accurate and timely preparation of monthly financial statements for all company owned restaurants, departments and other areas of responsibility
Your keys to success:
Essential technical and behavioural skills
- Strong customer focused approach at all times
- Exceptional computer skills and 1+ year experience in an Accounts Payable role
- Experience performing complex supplier account reconciliations
- Ability to effectively work within a team to achieve maximum team performance
- Strong interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to effectively prioritise through strong organisational skills
- Strong in analytical thinking, problem solving and attention to detailProperty exposure will be highly regarded
Why choose us?
Employer of choice winner in 2018 & 2019, McDonald’s Australia values Community and Customer as well as being Bold, Authentic and genuinely caring about our people. Working with us means taking pride and having fun along the way; while growing and developing your career in a dynamic and supportive environment. Not only do we offer flexible working arrangements, a bonus week of annual leave and an attractive staff discount; but we provide an opportunity to work alongside other passionate and talented people every single day.
Join our team!
So if you are an energetic and experienced Accounts Payable professional who is eager to jump into a new role ASAP with a market leading brand connected to over 5 million customers and ample opportunity for personal growth, then APPLY today. You will be directed to an external link to apply.
This is a permanent position in the Thornleigh office. Please note that full working rights in Australia are required. We unfortunately will not be able to consider overseas or visa restricted applicants.