Advertiser: Local Government NSWMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 23 Mar 2020
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- CEO & General Management, CEO
LGNSW is the peak organisation that represents the interests of NSW general and special purpose councils.
LGNSW aims to strengthen and protect an effective, democratic system of local government across NSW by supporting and advocating on behalf of member councils and delivering a range of relevant, quality services.
The LGNSW Board is seeking applications for a Chief Executive.
The Chief Executive is the Association's principal staff officer exercising overall management responsibility for the Association's activities under the direction of the President and Board.
To be considered for this role, you must demonstrate the following:
- Highest levels of integrity and a commitment to the public good;
- Demonstrated track record of organisational leadership, with excellent strategic thinking ability and judgement;
- Demonstrated track record of achieving a strong organisational culture and positive outcomes for members/stakeholders;
- Strong working knowledge of local government and member-based organisations;
- High-level written and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate and liaise effectively and sensitively, both internally and externally;
- Ability to balance conflicting priorities and make timely, effective decisions in line with organisational strategic plans and budgets;
- Outstanding financial literacy;
- A demonstrated ability to work with Boards to implement the highest governance and transparency standards;
- Demonstrated experience in liaising with internal and external stakeholders, including at the political level.
A selection panel will be established to merit assess candidates, with a recommendation to be made to the LGNSW Board for approval.
To express your interest in this role, please email your resume, a short application detailing your skills and experience as relevant to the position, and at least three references to Jennifer Trute at Jennifer.Trute@lgnsw.org.au.
Closing: 5pm, Wednesday 1 April 2020