Level 1 Technical SupportPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 24 Mar 2020
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Help Desk & IT Support
We have an opportunity for customer service technicians with Melbourne based Retail Service Provider. We are proudly 100% Australian-owned and operated and serve both metropolitan and rural Australians with high quality broadband internet.
This is both a challenging and rewarding role that will allow the opportunity to utilise and build technical skills while working within a focused yet casual and diverse environment. You will help maintain the day to day support to our end customers by providing professional and friendly technical advice and assistance with internet and phone services.
Existing ISP industry experience would be highly valued. In particular familiarity with NBN technologies including fibre, copper, wireless and satellite broadband services. In-house product training will be provided to successful applicants.
Responsibilities would include but are not limited to:
- Operating in a call centre environment responding to issues reported by our customers.
- Providing technical support to customers via phone, SMS, email, social media and other communication methods.
- Utilise a ticketing system to manage customer issues and accurately record troubleshooting performed.
- Follow processes and direction from Team Leaders.
- Working with 3rd party suppliers such as NBN to resolve issues with customer internet services.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Demonstrated knowledge in information technology.
- History of experience in a technical support role.
- Strong communication skills and empathy.
- An understanding of internet related technologies:
- An understanding of home networking:
- Configuration of various models of routers / modems.
- Wi-fi configuration and security.
- Interconnecting customer devices (computers, tablets, phones etc) to the internet.
- A good understanding of VoIP services for configuration and support.
- A good understanding of Email client configuration and support.
- Tertiary qualifications in an information technology field.
- CCENT or similar 3rd party qualification in basic networking.
- MCP or similar 3rd party qualification in an information technology field.
We're looking for someone who is motivated and has excellent communication skills. The right attitude and a desire to learn are as important as qualifications and experience. We highly value a desire to learn and commitment to self-improvement.
Only Australian citizens or holders of a permanent resident visa will be considered.
Please no overseas applications or recruitment agencies.