Advertiser: Standard Candle HRMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 24 Mar 2020
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Accounting, Accounts Officers/Clerks
Part time –20 hours per week
About the business
Freshcare is a leader in the Australian fresh produce and horticulture industry on-farm assurance program guiding Australian producers to best practice in fulfilling both domestic and international market requirements.
About the role
Reporting to the CEO, we are seeking a suitably qualified Accountant to join the Freshcare team in a part-time capacity. The Finance Officer is responsible for the overall effective operations of the Finance and Accounts Department. This position takes ownership of the company’s Management Information Systems, monthly P&L, annual budget process, adherence to the company’s financial policies. It is accountable for the day-to-day business finance functions such as financial and statutory reporting , management of the end of month process, management reporting, commentary and variance analysis, cost accounting, preparing budgets, forecasts, re-forecasting; financial analysis, sales analysis and cashflows and assets management.
Skills and experience
To be considered for this position you should possess:
- At least five years middle management experience in a Financial Management role.
- Minimum two years’ experience in a Not-for-Profit environment. Prior involvement within the horticulture / agriculture and food safety industries may be viewed favourably.
- Demonstrated ability to compile and report on financial performance. This includes experience in managing budgets, staff and management reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to manage protocols to meet internal and external compliance requirements.
- Excellent computer skills including experience at an intermediate level in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Proficiency with Xero accounting software
- Strong commitment to the principles underpinning good corporate governance and sound financial management.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, analyse options, solve problems and exercise sound judgment.
- Current Drivers licence.
There is an expectation that you will comply with any reasonable health and safety policy or procedure and participate in meetings, training and other relevant activities.
This role would suit someone with :
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; the ability to build rapport with all stakeholders;
- Exceptional attention to detail, highly organized and motivated with time management skills, with the ability to multitask at times.
Benefits and perks
- On-site parking.
- Friendly work culture and work life balance.
You will fit right into the team if you also have diplomacy, energy, professionalism and a sense of humour. Our team place a strong emphasis on sustaining an open, positive and collaborative culture throughout our business.
If you have the necessary experience and would like to apply please submit your resume and cover letter through the seek process addressing the criteria above, for consideration no later than 7th April 2020.
We thank all applicants for your interest in our organization and this role however please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Have you completed a certified practising accountant (CPA) qualification?
- Which of the following accounting packages are you experienced with?
- How many years' experience do you have in an accounting role?
- What's your expected annual base salary?