People & Culture Manager - Part-Time
Advertiser: Ward Medication ManagementMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 24 Mar 2020
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Human Resources & Recruitment, Management - Internal
At Ward MM we strive to be at the leading edge of innovation in medication analysis. Join us and take responsibility for all facets of our people & culture strategy to help us accomplish our vision of eliminating medication related harm.
We are currently on the lookout for someone who is committed, proactive and has great interpersonal skills to join our Melbourne CBD Support Crew as a People & Culture Manager, on a part-time basis for 18-hours per week. We think it'll work best if the hours can be worked over 4-days (with flexible start/finish times), but generally we're pretty flexible and will consider the hours being worked over 3 or 5 days based on what suits your circumstances.
In our small, but growing business, you will be responsible for all aspects of our people & culture agenda and compliance with all things legal and policy. This is very much a hands-on role, suited to someone who enjoys balancing the strategic (to make sure we have a road-map) with the operational (enjoys getting the job done). You will likely have been in a stand-alone role previously, as a senior HR Advisor or HR Manager.
Reporting to the CEO you will be responsible for the full employee life-cycle:
- Developing and implementing an annual People & Culture road-map in line with the business plan reflecting all areas of the employee life cycle.
Resourcing & Workforce Planning
- Analysing the skills and qualities for all positions and review/update position descriptions and employee specifications regularly;
- Co-ordinating recruitment, from end to end including drafting job briefs, shortlisting, developing interview briefs, managing the candidate experience;
- Conducting 1st or 2nd round interviews as required;
- Proactively sourcing and nurturing talent pools for different roles and geographies;
- Taking employee references;
- Supporting hiring managers to deliver effective orientation and induction for new employees;
- Evaluating impact of recruitment and induction processes;
- Working with the CEO and Regional Managers to model future resourcing requirements and make recommendations about workforce plans.
- Ensuring our “Pulse” program lives and breathes across the company, including weekly check-ins, quarterly PDP reviews and the annual ‘Health Check Process’;
- Running “Road to Performance” sessions for new starters;
- Coaching and mentoring line managers to ensure that there’s an on-going focus on quality conversations across the company.
OD / L&D
- Working closely with the CEO to monitor the effectiveness of the current orgsanisation design, and making recommendations for changes;
- Managing effective change processes;
- Enabling the effective operation of our “Careers by Design” program, by supporting line managers with planning for team professional development, including clinical team attendance at annual professional conference;
- Evolving focus on Management & Leadership Development.
Reward & Recognition
- Executing, evaluating and evolving the reward and recognition strategy “Piece of the Pie”;
- Benchmarking positions to assess remuneration competitiveness;
- Managing annual pay review process;
- Overseeing the development of incentive programs that both increase company productivity and profitability and further improve employee engagement.
Culture & Engagement
- Being the guardian of our values and culture;
- Continuing to promote health and wellness as a cornerstone of our strategy to build engagement;
- Facilitating bi-annual eNPS survey and reporting on results, developing action plans;
- Regularly connecting with the team – be the eyes and ears on the ground, understand the temperature.
- Monitoring currency & effectiveness of current policy suite;
- Developing new policies as required.
- Providing ad-hoc information and reports to CEO (and Board): probation, turnover, absence, education, time to hire, workforce profile/demographics etc.
- Conducting workplace investigations and resolving employee disputes;
- Supporting line managers to manage flexible working requests, Maternity/Paternity Leave.
- Managing our HR Platform: Employment Hero and ensuring all employee records are well maintained and up to date;
- Working with Finance Manager to ensure Payroll is processed accurately and on time.
- Ensuring compliance with all Federal and State legal requirements
Who are you?
You're a professional with high integrity, and you have these skills/qualities in spades:
- Well-developed planning skills
- Commercial acumen - a good overall understanding of company finances and able to use this information to support managers in resource and succession planning
- Able to be tactful and discreet in dealing with confidential information
- Able to make decisions in line with agreed strategy
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Up-to-date HR knowledge in keeping with industry best practice
- Knowledge of legal requirements and industrial relations issues with regard to all aspects of employment
Completion of a bachelor's degree in business, human resources (or similar) or equivalent work experience.
- An experienced senior HR Advisor or HR Manager
- Previously worked in a stand-alone role
- 7 years human resources experience managing the day-to-day people operations of a company with at least 40 employees
- Experience in health ideal but not essential
Who are we?
Ward Medication Management is the largest and most sophisticated provider of clinical pharmacy services in the Australian aged care sector. Our highly qualified team of clinical pharmacists care for over 35,000 elderly Australians. We are the guardians of safe and appropriate use of medication.
Our mission is to eliminate medication related harm by being innovative and driving industry collaborations.
Does this inspire you?
Please have a look at our website www.wardmm.com.au to learn more.
Is this role made for you?
Email your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com quoting reference PCM001. We aim to be efficient with our recruitment and we will start looking at applications sooner rather than later, so if this role sounds like an opportunity too good to be missed, don’t wait to apply.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in Human Resources (HR)?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of employment & workplace relations?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of the Fair Work Act?
- What's your expected annual base salary?