- Job Listing Date
- 24 Mar 2020
- Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Developers/Programmers
Aussie Broadband is an all-Australian-based telco, offering internet and phone solutions to residential, business and corporate customers. We pride ourselves on our outstanding customer service and punching way above our weight in the industry.
We're in business to change the telco game. We're looking for people who want to play with us, and who love our values:
- Don't be ordinary, be awesome
- Think BIG
- No bullsh*t
- Be good to people
- Have fun
Aussie Broadband is expanding at a rapid rate and we’re creating a new Software Development team at our Lynbrook office to help us progress with innovative new projects and systems.
We’re looking for amazing people with a range of different skills and experiences, from more junior level developers to more senior, team leader-level developers (and everyone in between). Our primary language is PHP, so experience in that language would be amazing, but if you’re well versed in other languages and have no trouble picking new ones up, we’d be happy to chat further.
These positions are a key part of the Network Operations team and are all permanent full-time roles.
- Automating business processes across the organisation
- Building end-to-end solutions across a variety of channels (e.g. internal tools and apps, customer-facing websites and apps), utilising industry best practices and leveraging the latest technologies where possible
- Working closely with stakeholders, taking part in all stages of the software development life cycle
- Solving complex performance problems and architectural challenges
- Any other duties as required
What we are looking for:
- Experience in software development – (level of experience will determine which role)
- A willingness for self-directed learning
- Excellent verbal and written communication
Ideal Job Skills:
- Bachelor of Computer Science or relevant industry experience
- PHP experience using an MVC framework highly regarded
- Good knowledge of databases, including schema design & query optimisation
- Experience with creating and consuming modern APIs
- Background in iOS and Android app development highly regarded
- VCS (git) & CI/CD experience highly regarded
Why work for Aussie?
We’re a great place to work! We’ve got a fantastic organisational culture which thrives on our values. We offer discounted internet for staff, and have a range of other benefits including ongoing training and development opportunities, Paid Parental leave, Employee Assistance Program, a very hard-working coffee machine and a casual dress code.
For further information including a full position description, feel free to email us at email@example.com. Otherwise, you can click Apply Now with a current resume and cover letter detailing why you want to work for Aussie Broadband. Applications close COB April 07, 2020.
Please note that a satisfactory police check is a requirement of employment.
At Aussie Broadband we see difference as our point of difference. We celebrate it, we support it, and thrive on it – because it means our staff can bring their whole selves to work, and that we can better represent our customers and community. We’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our stand for diversity and inclusion is just one way we demonstrate our value of ‘Be Good to People’.