Advertiser: Sterling ProductsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 24 Mar 2020
- Brisbane, Southern Suburbs & Logan
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Design & Architecture, Graphic Design
We are a leader in several specialty manufacturing industries, ranging from security products for the financial sector to plastics thermoforming, signage and graphics.
Founded over 30 years ago, we have an outstanding reputation for leadership in creating innovative Signage and Graphics solutions. These include the transformation of colourful graphic design and printed image creations into amazing 3D products.
Currently in a solid growth phase, we are seeking an experienced Industrial Designer at our modern manufacturing operation.
Reporting to the General Manager, the roles overall responsibility is to create conceptual designs for proposals and presentations then turn those conceptual ideas into products, creating a bill of materials and assisting in driving the production process.
The ideal candidate will have at least 3-5 years experience working as an Industrial Designer in a sign shop or manufacturing environment. That background will have equipped you with high level proficiency in SolidWorks and the Adobe suite, while experience with Sketchup and CorelDRAW would be an advantage to your application.
Preferably you will hold a relevant tertiary qualification or the equivalent level of work history in managing design projects.
Your technical skills must encompass:
- Taking a design from conception to completion
- The detailed design and creation of documentation for production
- Advanced modelling and drawing ability
- An understanding of various manufacturing techniques
- Knowledge of mold design for injection molding and thermoforming of plastics
Essential personal attributes include;
- Strong attention to detail and
- Effective communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Time management of multi-tasking / organisational skills
Desirable only, knowledge and technical skills include:
- Design knowledge of sheet metal fabrication
- Knowledge of Costing template
- FEA (Finite Element Analysis) knowledge
The role involves regular interaction with a diverse range of stakeholders, requiring well-developed interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
The salary on offer is market competitive and negotiable based on the skills and relevant experience of the successful candidate.
Please include a cover letter with your resume in your application.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. No Recruitment Agencies please.