Junior Project Managers
Advertiser: CBDMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 24 Mar 2020
- Melbourne, Northern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Construction, Project Management
Project Managers –
We are looking for a friendly, hard working individual who would like to work in a small office environment. This full time position is open to anyone with an aptitude clear thinking and people skills
Candidates will have a 'can do' attitude, be highly organised, motivated and energetic. This position which provides mentoring and the opportunity to apply your skills from day 1. In your role you will gain a broad variety of skills including contract administration, coordination, project management, estimating, business development and overall management.
This role involves a wide variety of tasks, no two days will ever be the same. You will carry out tasks as required to assist with preparing and submitting construction tender documentation, and you will participate in coordinating construction projects (under supervision in the beginning).
Please include the number 1000 24320 3550 in your cover letter.
Duties may include the following:
- preparation of trade specific scopes, subcontract packages
- reviewing & negotiating contracts
- estimating & preparation of tenders
- procurement, purchasing & pricing of products
- liaising with utility companies & authorities
- monitoring & management of project expenditure
- site administration set-up & maintenance
- OHS policy implementation
- general admin duties as required
Candidates should address the following key selection criteria in their application:
- ambitions and leadership capability
- tertiary qualification in quantity surveying, construction/project management or construction trade qualifications
- knowledge of the building industry
- negotiating skills
· ability to present a positive attitude
- ability to read and interpret plans
· ability to work well under pressure and be resourceful and adaptable
- how they maintain drive and motivation
- a strong team player
- effective communication skills – both verbal and written
· organisational and time management skills,
· strong computer skills in Word, Excel, email, and basic math skills.
· ability to manage multiple priorities and work to deadlines
Additional skills which would be an advantage include first aid training, safety training, driver’s license and MS Project skills.
The role will be between 07:00am to 16:00pm however it can be varied in accordance with your needs and those of the projects.
Quick advancement within the company for the right candidate is possible: from junior to senior Project Manager, then Business Manager, then shareholding including involvement in decision making and company direction.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years of project management experience do you have?
- How many years' experience do you have in the construction industry?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Have you worked in a supervisor role within the construction industry?