Advertiser: S Billing & Associates Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 24 Mar 2020
- Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Legal, Legal Secretaries
We are a specialist employment, industrial relations and safety law practice based in Nedlands. We pride ourselves on delivering outstanding outcomes for our clients and are passionate, strategic and hard-working.
As a Legal Assistant, you will be integral to the successful running and continued evolution of the practice. Your proven track record in legal administration, exceptional organisational and time management skills, meticulous attention to detail and strong work ethic will drive you to take the lead and react with appropriate urgency.
As a member of a small team, you will be flexible and adaptable at all times and willing to assist with a broad range of tasks.
We will offer a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate, commensurate with experience and skills.
This is a part-time position of at least 30 hours per week, to be worked across Monday to Friday. We are open to flexible working arrangements as to start and finish times, which are consistent with operational and business requirements.
Your duties will include:
Accounts and practice management
- Account management including time entries for fee earners, billing, monitoring fee estimates,debtor management and credit card reconciliation/ receipts.
- Manage and maintain professional relationships with clients and service providers.
- Manage information systems, record management systems and computing resources for the practice.
- Matter management.
- File management including system backup, filing and archiving.
- Document production and amendment – cost agreements, correspondence, court documents, briefs to counsel, maintaining precedent database and office templates.
- Diary, email and telephone management.
- Organise travel, flights and accommodation.
- Greet and assist visiting clients and Counsel.
- Assist with business development.
- Administrative duties including filing, photocopying and other duties as required.
Your attributes, skills and experience:
- Tenacious, proactive and resourceful - a "can-do" attitude.
- High level of professionalism, integrity, and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills but have the ability to switch gears and manage competing priorities.
- Strong written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Keen eye for detail while still meeting tight deadlines.
- Be able to work in a high pressured and fast pace environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- Tech savvy and an aptitude for learning new systems.
- Must have at least 3 years legal administration/ secretarial experience.
- Must have experience using a legal practice management software.
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of the Microsoft Office software and proficiency in using Word, Excel and Powerpoint to produce documents and Outlook to manage diaries.
Apply for this job:
If this position excites you, please upload your current CV and a cover letter addressing the requisite skills and experience.
NO AGENCY REFERRALS PLEASE.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a legal assistant?
- How many years' experience do you have in a legal secretary role?
- Do you have administration experience in the legal services industry?
- What's your expected annual base salary?