- Job Listing Date
- 24 Mar 2020
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Banking & Financial Services, Funds Management
Who we are
As a leading global asset management firm, our investment expertise, strength and innovation have earned the trust and confidence of the world’s most sophisticated institutional and individual investors. With our long-standing history of solving complex investment challenges, we believe our strength and stability drive opportunities for our clients. Our comprehensive asset class offering includes passive, quantitative active, fundamental active and multi-asset class solutions that are available in a variety of global investment vehicles.
Northern Trust Asset Management's global marketing strategy is evolving, our team is growing – and we’re looking for individuals interested in growing with us. We are seeking passionate and results-driven individuals to play a critical role in driving brand awareness and product adoption through targeted marketing strategies. This proactive, energetic team member should value collaboration and think both strategically and tactically. If you are a critical-thinker who enjoys being part of a team driving new initiatives that help grow the business, we encourage you to apply.
What we seek
Northern Trust Asset Management Australia is seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated Junior Relationship Manager to play a key role in the continued growth and development of Northern Trust Asset Management’s business in Australia and New Zealand. The Junior Relationship Manager will play an instrumental role in supporting the client relationships for the region.
This is an opportunity to operate in an entrepreneurial and dynamic environment, with the support of one of the world’s largest Asset Managers.
We are looking for a person with a client service experience, who must have outstanding teamwork and communication skills.
What you will do:
- Support the Relationship Manager to manage client relationships for the region on a day to day basis.
- Ensures overall client satisfaction by facilitating efforts of service team, coordinating resources to ensure timely delivery and issue-resolution, and effectively communicating client concerns/needs to partners. This includes working closely with the account managers & acting as escalation point when needed..
- Develops complete understanding of client's business, objectives, goals and market challenges, and ensure information flow and support from the team is consistent.
- Cultivates strong working relationships with client contacts. Demonstrates ability to add value by anticipating possible solutions and partnering with client to implement.
- Cultivate strong internal working relationships and advocating on behalf of the client internally.
- Cross-sells bank products/services and participates in development of solutions to client needs, coordinates presentations, brings in experts when appropriate, closes the sale, ensures smooth delivery of new services, and communicates emerging needs.
- Knowledge of financial markets (in particular equities and fixed income) is required.
- An interest in the superannuation and investment management industry is desirable. Also willingness to complete Investment management qualification such as CIMA or CFA Foundation Program if not already attained.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in institutional client service role
- Highly organized/structured and able to effectively prioritize multiple demands.
- Excellent logical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently.
Personal and Professional Competencies
- Results Orientation – Rigorously holding one’s self and others accountable for achieving high levels of individual and organizational performance and is keenly focused on results. A true passion and drive for sourcing and selecting opportunities aligned with NTAM’s strategy.
- Judgement – Showing wisdom in making decisions and acting with a view to what is most appropriate, reasonable, timely and realistic.
- Conceptual Skills – Understanding complex situations or organizations in their entirety, grasping interrelationships and essential elements, and seeing their implications.
- Learning Agility – Quickly absorbing new information and the significance of changes in dynamic situations.
- Curiosity – Demonstrating a passion for learning, speculating on “what if” scenarios, and engaging in strategic inquiry.
As of December 31, 2019, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $12.1 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $9.2 trillion in assets under custody
- $1.2 trillion in assets under management
- $137 billion in banking assets
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today!
- Want to learn more about our company? Visit northerntrust.com
- We are a leading global financial institution- Click here to check out our company accolades!
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a relationship manager?
- How many years' experience do you have with investment fund management?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?