Graduate Design Mechanical Engineer
Advertiser: Rheinmetall Defence AustraliaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 24 Mar 2020
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
About Rheinmetall Defence Australia
Rheinmetall Defence Australia (RDA) is a major Defence company with operations across Australia and New Zealand delivering specialist Defence capability to the Australian Defence Force and New Zealand Defence Force. RDA is a subsidiary of Rheinmetall Group, a global Defence and Automotive technology group based in Dusseldorf, Germany. RDA is a trusted partner to the ADF through its three divisions - Vehicle Systems, Electronics Solutions and Weapons, Ammunition & Protection.
RDA is rapidly growing its Australian footprint to deliver system solutions and capability to the ADF in the areas of mobility, lethality, reconnaissance, protection, and sustainment.
About the Team
RDA is presently seeking Graduate Mechanical Design Engineers to expand our existing Victorian based logistic vehicle design engineering team. Strength comes with diversity; the present team members have a broad range of skills, cultural background, gender and experience. Our work environment is flexible and friendly, well suited to mentoring and career development support.
About the role
As a Graduate Mechanical Design Engineer you can anticipate some of your day-to-day tasks to include:
- Conceive and select concepts in response to Requirements using a range of tools and methods including weighted Trade Off Studies, FMECA etc.;
- Realise selected concepts into documented prototype designs using an integrated PDM/CAD TEAMCENTER/CATIA), system;
- Support manufacture and verification of prototypes and incorporate test results as appropriate;
- Develop, release and maintain production documentation;
- Participate in formal and informal Design Reviews;
- Provide problem solving and continuous improvement support to Production and Through Life Support.
What are we looking for?
Rheinmetall seeks applicants who exemplify our Company’s values of Respect, Trust and Transparency. This creates a workplace environment where employees value each other, live up to their promises and communicate openly.
The experience and skillset best suited to this role include:
- Tertiary qualification in Mechanical Engineering that is recognised by The Institute of Engineers Australia;
- Have excellent written and spoken English communication skills using automotive engineering terminology;
- Have some experience interpreting complex engineering function and performance specifications, and a capacity to identify existing technical solutions to meet these specifications;
- Successful applicants must currently hold or be eligible to gain the appropriate Australian Security Clearance;
- Ability to travel interstate and international when required.
In addition, it would be advantageous to have:
- Some experience in military or automotive vehicle design;
- Experience working in a low volume engineered product environment
- Experience with armoured vehicle systems - mobility, weapons, protection, and mission.
- Experience with Failure Modes Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA) and Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Experience working within an ISO9001 framework;
What we offer:
- Attractive Remuneration package, salary sacrificing & novated leases.
- Strong links to our global Rheinmetall community.
- Flexibility in workplace settings offering opportunities to work in multiple locations.
- Corporate discounts with gyms, private health funds and various car dealerships.
- Opportunity for career development and further training.
- Employee Assistance Program to support our employees and their immediate families overall wellbeing.
Join an inclusive culture
Rheinmetall recognises the strength that comes with employee diversity. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment where each employee is treated fairly and respectfully. Diversity is critical to our ability to work successfully as a team regardless of borders, language or culture. Our workforce includes employees of varying gender, age, race and ethnicity, professional and cultural background.
Veterans are always encouraged to apply for roles at Rheinmetall where they can bring select skills and expertise to the delivery of products and services for our customer. Recognising these unique attributes, the Company has established a Veterans Employment Program that trains and supports veterans transitioning from the armed forces and seeking future employment in the commercial sector.
If you are ready to take the next step, Apply Now!
Rheinmetall may use various recruitment and selection tools and techniques as part of our process, such as video interviewing, online assessments, face-to-face interviews and assessment centres.
The preferred candidate will be required to complete RDA’s background checks including pre-employment verification and national police checks.
Applications close: 08/04/2020
Please note that we will not be accepting any recruitment agency applications for this role.
For further information about this opportunity, please call Michael Bernard on 0438 833 0443 and quote AU00114