Draftsperson / Building Designer
Advertiser: MERAQ BUILDING DESIGNERSMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 25 Mar 2020
- Melbourne, Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Design & Architecture, Architectural Drafting
About the business and the role
Building Design Studio is currently seeking a motivated and experienced designer "prefered" but we can also take on recent graduates to join our growing team.
This role is for driven individuals looking for a long-term opportunity that will provide a clear pathway to a rewarding and successful career.
- Young and energetic team
- Inner western location. Altona North (Approx. 16km from CBD)
- Dealing mainly with the design development and construction documentation (Working Drawings of single and double storey houses for various building companies across Melbourne
The candidate that we are looking for will need to have a love for Construction Documentation of residential dwelling as this is primarily what they will be doing.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Preparing preliminary sketches and coordinating designs according to design team's specifications
- Preparing construction drawings to comply with building code and town planning requirements
Skills and experience
- successfully completed an Diploma in Building Design (Architecture)
- Minimum 1 years residential experience preferred
- Quick & Efficient
- Attention to detail, reliable and punctual
- familiar with Rescode and BCA
- Needs To Have Extensive Knowledge In AutoCAD
- Needs to be resourceful and self-sufficient
- CAD documentation of single and double storey homes
- Assisting with client meetings and phone/email communications
- Being actively involved in a team environment and positively contributing to the team's morale.
- A passion for their work and all-round enthusiasm
Job benefits and perks
- Long term opportunities
- Career development on offer
- Potential overtime opportunities
- Empowerment to carry out your tasks and offer new, efficient ways of doing business.
- Great team environment which is highly professional yet fun, relaxed and positive.
If your interested in joining our team, apply online by click on the appropriate link below.
Please supply your cover letter along with your application letting us know why you deserve this position and how you plan to make a difference to this company.
- Which of the following CAD software do you have experience with?
- Have you completed a qualification in building design / building design drafting?
- Do you have experience working on residential construction projects?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?