General Manager Operations
Advertiser: Biopower GroupMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 25 Mar 2020
- Asia Pacific, South-East Asia
- Work Type
- Full Time
- CEO & General Management, General/Business Unit Manager
- Position: Deputy to the VP – Biomass Operations
The Deputy VP-Biomass Operations performs various functions in ensuring effective and efficient collection and transport of Biomass Fuels. Reporting to the VP-Biomass Operations, this role will be responsible for the day to day functions of the Biomass Operation Team across three operating regions. This position is located in Negros Occidental, primarily in Bacolod City.
- Job Description
The position description below is an example of the kind of tasks, duties, and responsibilities, but not limited to, those required for this role.
- Direct the activities of staff in relation to operations within the company on duties like dispatching and tracking/monitoring of operations
- Monitor the general operations of staff in the Biomass Operations department to make sure that their operations are within the guidelines, safety measures, government orders, and administrative policies
- Develop important indicators that measure and show the effectiveness of the company’s operations
- Develop operational policies across appropriate units within the Biomass Operations Department
- Appoint competent management staff. This usually involves carrying out interview, selection, training, and performance appraisal of managers and senior operations staff.
- Negotiate with service providers for their provision of services and manage performance of these contractors.
- Conduct necessary investigation(s) to determine the cause of problems like accidents (if any arises) and to set up safety measures to avoid recurrence of such issues
- Develop and implement plans that will lead to improvement in department performance
- Provide leadership and mentor the management team to provide a solid footing for succession planning.
- Maintain open dialogue with other department managers so as to organize activities that will enhance the departments overall performance
- Make recommendation for the acquisition of new equipment or the replacement of older units.
C. Requirements – Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge
It is expected that applicants to meet the following requirements to qualify for an interview:
- Must possess good communication skills, with emphasis on the ability to effectively produce and distribute information
- Previous experience in large agricultural or transport-based organisation would be an advantage. Experience in Biomass operations would be highly regarded.
- Good leadership qualities are of utmost importance
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and also to lead a team when the opportunity arises
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good time management abilities
- Good negotiation skills and excellent decision-making ability
- Good interpersonal skills are also important
- Knowledge of the procedures and modes of transportation for moving goods
- High Level computer knowledge
- 5-7 years working experience in a similar role or capacity
- How many years' experience do you have as a general manager?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- Do you have experience working in a continuous production environment?
- How many years of business management experience do you have?
- Do you have experience working towards targets and KPIs?