Advertiser: Pets Haven FoundationMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 25 Mar 2020
- Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Accounting, Accounts Officers/Clerks
You must have these qualifications ~
Level IV Book Keeper
Core objectives include:
Accounts payable and receivable
- Entry of all purchases into the accounting system (XERO);
- Bank and credit card reconciliations;
- Payroll(XERO), maintaining staff records, superannuation and work cover;
- Processing and reconciliation of employee expense claims;
- Entering checking and coding sales;
- Collating and checking daily takings sheets;
- Processing EFT payments;
- General administration and record maintenance;
- Liaising with suppliers and employees.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
Quarterly Business Activity Statement
Preparation and lodgment of figures for quarterly Business Activity Statement.
Customer Invoicing and Receipting
• Bill all customers on a timely basis, filing copies as per documented procedures
• Record customer payments
• Issue customer statements on a monthly basis
Supplier Payments and Expenses
• Collate supplier invoices into weekly and monthly payment runs, streamlining payment processes wherever possible.
• Ensure all supplier bills are appropriately authorised for payment, and process payments when authorised.
• Record supplier payments and office expenses in XERO accounting software, coding to appropriate accounts.
• Report to Management on a monthly basis as regards overdue accounts.
• Ensure account statements are sent to all clients with an outstanding balance at least once a month.
• Chase up overdue accounts via phone, letter and email.
• Document all account chasing activities in a manner that can be readily accessed and viewed by other staff.
Reconciliations of Key Accounts
• Reconcile all bank accounts on a fortnightly basis.
• Reconcile all other accounts on at least on a monthly basis.
Processing of Payroll
• Maintain confidential records for all employees, including employment declarations and tax file numbers.
• Process employee pays, paying electronically into employee accounts.
• Distribute pay slips to employees using email.
• Track employee leave accruals.
• Reconcile and make monthly PAYG payments.
• Reconcile and make monthly superannuation payments.
• Reconcile and prepare payment summaries.
Budgets and Financial Statements
• Assist in preparing annual budgets and entering these into XERO
• Make end-of-month journals as required
• Prepare draft monthly financial statements
• Provide additional reports to management as required
• Work with Management to review figures and provide information as requested.
• Liaise with Management to ensure XERO company files (both current and archived) are backed up offsite at least once a week.
• Maintain a subscription to XERO software, and update software on an annual basis.
Experience: You must have a solid background in bookkeeping/ accounting. Minimum of five years and provide references.
Qualifications: Level IV Book Keeper.
- Analytical thinking.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Business awareness.
- Strategic thinking.
- Positive approach to change.
- Professional approach (essential).
- Confident manner (essential).
- Positive approach to change (essential).
Reporting to: CEO, HR Manager and Liaising with our external Accountants
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as an account officer?
- Do you have reconciliations experience?
- Which of the following accounting packages are you experienced with?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?