- Job Listing Date
- 26 Mar 2020
- Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Financial Accounting & Reporting
Throughout Australia, Alstom's objective is to be the preferred partner for transport solutions while creating value through innovation. Our company values of Team, Trust and Action embody the spirit of our diverse and entrepreneurial people. Employee empowerment is crucial to our success and we continue to strengthen our culture through a diverse workforce, promoting entrepreneurial spirit and a fundamental commitment to integrity and ethical business standards and practices.
Alstom has been awarded the PTA Australia’s $1.6 billion Railcar Program. As part of the project we will design, manufacture and maintain 246 new railcars needed for METRONET projects and the replacement of the A-series trains. We will also deliver 6 DMU railcars to replace the five diesel railcars that operate the twice daily Australind service between Perth and Bunbury.
The Railcar Program has been identified as a Strategic Project under the WA Jobs Act 2017, which has additional requirements for local job creation. With a target of 50 per cent local content for the manufacturing of the new trains, this project will bolster our local manufacturing industry and maximise WA jobs.
We are currently seeking a Project Controller who is interested in becoming part of the team. Primarily responsible for financial management of the $1B plus project.
Key Responsibilities for this Role Include:
- Support the Project Director and others project function as a finance partner
- Manage the controlling and financial reporting of projects in accordance with internal control rules
- Ensure project accounting is in accordance with Company guidelines; define milestone and liaise with accounting for revenue recognition
- Implement dedicated localization controlling governance
- Deep level of understanding of contract management and co-working with contract/legal department
- Produce all financial project reporting as requested (forecast cash flow, revenue gross margin, …)
- Organise the project reviews from start to the end of each contract
- Liaise with all financial partners from overseas (mostly French units) to improve financial communication and cost control
- Ensure consistency with project teams (Planner, Sourcing, …)
- Analyse the execution performance and propose action plans to improve contract margin and cash profile as well as corrective action plans to mitigate identified risks
- Ensure cash in collect is optimized
- Project balance sheet accounts are mastered and reliable (both in SAP and Magnitude)In charge of supervision of all signalling projects with WA customers ($10 to $20m /year)
Qualifications, Skills and Experience Required Includes:
- Finance or Accounting degree required
- Experience in project cost control, budgeting and forecasting or work package controlling
- Interest for technical projects and products
- Good business acumen
- Good working knowledge of Excel and SAP (PS and FI module mainly)
- Ability to use integrated financial systems
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and other minority groups to apply. We recognise that embracing flexibility & inclusivity is the smarter way of working. Please speak with us about your individual needs.