- Job Listing Date
- 26 Mar 2020
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Quality Assurance & Control
About ThalesThales people provide armed forces customers with operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defence mission systems solutions at land, sea, and air. Our platforms extend across the battlespace including Above and Sonar, Electronic Combat, and Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance systems.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
As a Quality Assurance Manager at Thales you’ll work in a diverse environment, with opportunities to learn and develop. You’ll network with a variety of stakeholders bringing solutions to fruition. This role will operate within our Maritime and Avionics businesses.
The opportunity is offered to Thales internal candidates able to demonstrate:
- Quality Assurance background
- Interest in learning, understanding and application of Chorus 2.0
- Genuine interest in continuous improvement
- Understanding and demonstration of Thales Leadership behaviours
- Work closely with customer requirements including supporting required supplier quality activities (PVets & audits) and customer / third-party ISO9001 audits
- Provide the Project Quality Advice(s) and/or Bid Quality Advice(s)
- Assure - correct process tailoring - effective implementation of all critical milestone - mitigation of risks and opportunities on bid, project and/or sub-contracted work - correct quality conditions on all sub-contracted activity - conformity of project deliverables / Declaration of Conformity / Product Release
- Conduct audit schedule (process, supplier, internal and/or external)
- Facilitate understanding and deployment within the bids and projects of relevant processes and plans
- Facilitate problem solving and root cause analysis / 8D
- Fulfil the duty of alert and veto
- Use the quality management tool (Intelex) for recording and reporting
- Perform trend analysis of quality data and analyse and report significant trends.
- Qualifications in engineering, business or commerce with related technical expertise and/or experience
- Experience in quality management, preferably in a systems or service engineering organisation, or other relevant technically orientated discipline
- Analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to understand and critique requirements
- Demonstrate a sound understanding and adherence to THALES processes
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, please visit http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!