Advertiser: The Canopy IncorporatedMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 26 Mar 2020
- Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
- Work Type
- Community Services & Development, Child Welfare, Youth & Family Services
The Canopy Inc is seeking to recruit a team of dedicated and professional casual Contact Workers who can assist in the facilitation of Children’s Contact Services with families struggling with separation and disconnection. The Canopy Inc is seeking passionate individuals to work with children and families, which aims to strengthen positive connections between parents and children.
You will provide supervised contact services to families, including supervised visitation, changeover and change back, mentoring and partake in parenting programs.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- Facilitate supervised contact services between children and parents;
- Write effective case notes in line with statutory requirements;
- Monitoring and safeguarding children’s needs and safety; and
- Contribute to case planning activities.
- Minimum of one of the following qualifications or equivalent (relevant to Contact Worker role):
Certificate III in Community Services or
Certificate III in Children’s Services
- Demonstrated appropriate experience with working with children / young people and their families;
- Knowledge and understanding of the developmental needs of children and young people;
- Knowledge and understanding of the impact of family violence, abuse, family separation and conflict on children and young people;
- Knowledge and understanding of working with complex and challenging behaviours with children and young people;
- Demonstrated high quality interpersonal and written communication skills;
- Sound computer technology and software skills;
- Possess current First Aid Certificate;
- Possess current Working with Children Check;
- Demonstrated knowledge and commitment to confidentiality, Child Protection, and WH&S legislation;
- Current driver’s licence and access to a reliable, comprehensively insured vehicle; and
- Willingness to travel.
- Previous experience working with children in complex situations;
- Understanding of Trauma Informed Practise Framework;
- Demonstrated skills in conflict management.
Note: Preferred candidate will be required to comply with National Criminal History Check requirements prior to being offered employment.
The Canopy Inc
The Canopy Inc is a non-profit organisation that provides multiple services for families, children, and the community. The Board of Management encompasses a team of 18 staff, who all have a unique diversity of skills and qualifications. They have a strong reputation for successful partnerships and collaborations with other agencies, to ensure the best possible outcomes for everyone involved.
How to Apply
To be considered for the position, you must submit a cover letter, plus a written application specifying how you meet each selection criteria item and include your current resume. Send completed application addressed to Jess Frost, Family Contact Services Manager, The Canopy Inc at, email@example.com
To obtain a copy of the Position Description and for any further information contact Jess Frost on:-
Applications will close 8th April 2020
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you have experience working with young people with complex needs?