Advertiser: Wattle Office SuppliesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 26 Mar 2020
- Bendigo, Goldfields & Macedon Ranges
- $45,000 neg plus super
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Help Desk & IT Support
An exciting opportunity exists for a Support Technician to join our IT team in Maryborough, Central Victoria. Our business is a diversified family business and the relevant area for this position is providing support to small and medium business. Furthermore we are the Authorised Service Provider for Central Victoria for Apple which involves repair and exchange of all Apple Products and dealing with the general public. You will need a "can-do" attitude and possess an eagerness to assist us to continue delivering an unparalleled level of service to our clients. This includes the ability to comfortably handle a quick-paced environment, which regularly requires re-prioritisation of jobs. Jobs may be carried out in the field or via remote.
This role has incredible diversity, constantly providing the opportunity to learn new skills through hands on experience and vendor training.
It is fundamental that you have strength in most of the following areas:
- Windows Server environments, migrations and server hardware technologies
- Network technologies (managed switches, routers, wifi, etc)
- End User remote & onsite desktop support (All flavours of Windows, Office and other common apps)
- Knowledge of Apple OSx and iOS.Being an Apple user would be of advantage as this would be an integral part of the position.
- Hands-on desktop support work
- Completion of Apple exams online for repair of devices to gain Apple Tech. Certification
- Installations and relocation of PC, Laptops, Monitors and printers
- Re imaging and data backups
- Installation of operating systems and application software on server platforms based on client requirements
- Installation of peripheral network attached assets (e.g. printers, scanners & switches)
- "Ability to diagnose performance issues on Desktop systems
- Maintain technical documentation to required levels
- Perform Documentation and compliance procedures as requested
- Communicating with customers keeping them informed of the progress or completion of the service provided.
Your success in this role will be based on:
- Meet your daily billable hour's quota, by always handling each service ticket as efficiently as possible, without compromising quality or the client's requirements.
- Being accountable for everything you do
- Ability to successfully resolve and troubleshoot issues
- Contribute to ensuring technical processes follow best practice
- Possessing great communication skills, being a "people person" always putting the client at the top of your priorities.
- Completing Apple training online to gain Apple Tech. Certification.
Whether you are a Graduate or someone with years of experience, we are looking for someone wanting to further their opportunity or someone wanting to scale back to a country style business outside of the metropolitan area.
If you have the relevant skills and experience (at least 1-2 years) to perform the above role, please apply at the earliest. As this position is in Central Victoria the successful person would be living in the region and they could be located in Bendigo or Ballarat and be willing to travel.
A driver's licence is essential and the applicant should be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident holder.