Advertiser: Many Rivers Regional Housing Management Services Aboriginal CorporationMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 26 Mar 2020
- Port Macquarie & Mid North Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Accounts Officers/Clerks
Many Rivers Regional Housing Management Services Aboriginal Corporation (Many Rivers) is a leading not-for-profit provider of Aboriginal community housing services providing property management services for around 500 properties and support for the needs of tenants. We work to the highest ethical standards to consistently produce high quality, best practice outcomes for tenants, their families, and our stakeholders. Our people are the key to the success of our exceptional, client-focused services.
Reporting to the Finance Manager you will be responsible for providing quality finance support services to all internal and external clients. The key objectives of the role include:
- work as a member of the accounts team to produce finance reports and manage accounts payable/receivable;
- work closely with areas of the organisation to support operations by providing financial information such as tenant arrears balances;
- monitor owner group trust accounts and liaise with Finance Manager to ensure ongoing management; and
- maintain financial files, spreadsheets and databases to ensure data integrity and accuracy.
To thrive in this role, you will be culturally sensitive with compassion, empathy and a genuine interest in meeting the needs of Aboriginal people. Resilience and the ability to meet deadlines are also essential, as is a high degree of professionalism, integrity and ethical behaviour.
If you also have:
- Qualifications in a relevant discipline (Accounting, Finance or Office Administration) and/or equivalent demonstration of such knowledge
- Experience in a finance or administrative position including accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Sound level of numeracy and demonstrated attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to exercise tact, initiative and sound judgement
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work flexibly within tight time schedules and with variable workload demands
- Ability to build relationships with all levels of the organisation and the community
- High level of computer literacy; sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
We would love to hear from you.
Appointment to this position will be subject to a National Police Check and a Working with Children Check.
We offer an excellent range of benefits including:
- Full non-profit status with salary sacrifice available to reduce tax and increase your take home pay
- An opportunity to work with a dedicated team to really make a difference
- A community-based culture and the opportunity to develop long-term relationships within the community
- A beautiful country location on the flourishing mid-North coast.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
To find out more please contact Kelli Dragos from Abundance Human Resources on 0419 419 554. All applications will be received via seek.com.au.
The closing date for this role is midnight on 8 April 2020.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a financial officer?
- Which of the following accounting packages are you experienced with?
- What's your expected annual base salary?