- Job Listing Date
- 26 Mar 2020
- Alice Springs & Central Australia
- ($96,470.23 p.a)
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Financial Managers & Controllers
Salary Level: 9 ($97,434.93 p.a)
Applications will be assessed as they are received and remain open until a successful applicant is identified.
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
Operating under the direction of the Director Corporate Services and in accordance with Regional Council regional plans, policies, relevant legislation and accounting standards this position is responsible for the financial management of the Council and the supervision and successful operation of Council’s Finance Section.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Manage the finance team to ensure its establishment, structure, skills and productivity matches Council’s requirements.
• Supervise and deliver the Council finance and accounting functions in line with Council Finance Policy and statutory requirements.
• Ensure the integrity of the finance system is maintained including the management of end of year processes.
• Provide financial and financial system advice to other departments and Council
• Liaise with the Department of Local Government, other relevant funding bodies and auditors on all financial matters to ensure all appropriate records and reporting are delivered and the Council finance system is operating effectively and efficiently.
• Oversee the preparation of the Annual Financial Statements and liaise with auditors as required.
• Develop and prepare financial monthly reports for Council and management purposes.
• Provide advice to the Director, Chief Executive Officer and Council on any issues arising from reports required.
• Facilitate the development of the Council budget and forward financial modelling.
• In conjunction with all Council Departments, draft an annual budget within agreed timelines for ratification by Council.
• Monitor and review budgets as required by relevant legislation/accounting regulations and provide financial reports to Council and funding agencies where required.
• Develop and maintain a forward financial model/plan in conjunction with the annual budget for the period as required under legislation/accounting accounting regulations or a longer period as required by Council.
• Oversee the preparation of Council’s General Purpose Financial Statements, Special Purpose Financial Statements and Special Schedules, and provide clear and complete workpapers to satisfy audit requirements.
• Oversee the preparation of clear and timely financial reports relevant to the needs of a range of internal and external users, including for grant acquittals, investments, reserve balances, and committee expenditure.
• Develop, review and update Council’s Finance and Accounting policies, for adoption by Council, and implement policy decisions.
Applications should be marked to the attention of Recruitment Team and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Applicants MUST address the selection criteria detailed in the information package. *