- Job Listing Date
- 26 Mar 2020
- Wagga Wagga & Riverina
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Trades & Services, Labourers
Wagga Wagga City Council has made various changes to its business operations in relation to the management of COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
One such change is to place recruitment related activities of non-essential service positions on hold until further notice.
Council is taking advice and guidance from NSW Health and the Department of Health which are the lead agencies and will continue to review the situation.
6 x Permanent Full-time Labourer Positions Available
1 x Temporary Full-time Labourer Position Available – Term Contract until June 2021
Are you hard working, fit and enjoy Wagga’s outdoor climate? If so Wagga Wagga City Council has an opening that may just suit you.
- Remuneration package of $1,853.40 gpf + superannuation
- Generous leave entitlements
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
Your new role:
Wagga Wagga City Council is seeking reliable labourers to work within our construction and maintenance teams. This is an ideal opportunity for someone accustomed to hands on work, looking for a job that has variety and gives you access to great training and career development options.
Duties of this position will include but are not limited to:
- Culvert maintenance
- Pipe laying
- Concreting works
- Traffic control
- Bitumen and hot-mix patching
- Pavement stabilisation plus a variety of other labouring duties.
What you will need to succeed:
- Construction Induction White Card
- Class C Driver’s Licence (Minimum)
- Applicants must be punctual, physically fit, enjoy working outdoors and be able to work effectively as part of a team.
What you need to do now:
All applications must include three (3) documents:
- Covering letter,
- Current Resume, and
- Statement Addressing Focus Questions – Maximum two pages.
- What skills and experience do you have that are relevant to this position?
- What daily activities do you expect you will be undertaking in this role?
- What are some WH&S hazards you would need to consider in this role?
What is next?
Applications close Sunday, 12 April 2020 @ midnight AEST with interviews to be held in the week commencing Monday, 27 April 2020.
As part of the recruitment process, pre-employment checks will be conducted in line with requirements of the position.
For more information and to apply, please visit www.wagga.nsw.gov.au/jobs
Council is an inclusive employer. We strive to reflect the community in which we work, as a result we welcome and encourage applications from skilled people from all walks of life. This includes women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culturally and linguistically diverse people, people with a disability, sexually and gender diverse people, people with lived experience and people of all ages.