Advertiser: V/Line CorporationMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 26 Mar 2020
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Project Engineering
If you want a corporate career combined with lifestyle then V/Line can take you there. With over 2000 employees, locations throughout Melbourne and Regional Victoria and a true commitment to workplace flexibility, why not have your dream career and the lifestyle you want. We can get you there with free myki travel.
Reporting to Delivery Director - Track & Civil, could you be our next Project Engineer? This is a great opportunity to manage a range of projects, including renewal and improvement of rail infrastructure, plant, equipment and information technology and business processes and systems.
About the role
- Manage a body of works derived from the annual works plans
- Maintain commercial control of your projects, including quality and safety standards
- Derive project scope and requirements to deliver project activities
- Contract and contractor management
- Develop specifications and work instructions
- Define the engineering requirements and implement appropriate engineering solutions
- Provide technical and engineering expertise for the investigation and analysis of identified engineering system issues
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering
- Proven experience in the delivery of track and civil projects, including managing and interpreting contracts
- Experience in rail systems and knowledge of railway operations and processes
- Strong communication skills with the ability to manage complex issues
- Strong stakeholder management to drive desired outcomes
- Understanding of infrastructure maintenance in successfully delivering multiple projects
What we can offer
- Workplace flexibility
- Personal Development
- Commitment to culture
- Inclusive environment
- Career opportunities
- Contribute to connecting Victorians
- Free Myki travel
The successful applicant will be paid commensurate with experience. The selection process may include aptitude assessments, a behavioural event interview, probity (police) check and medical check.
To apply for this position, please click ‘Apply for this Position' below.
V/Line is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect and we welcome applicants from any background. We value diversity and are continuously working towards creating a flexible and inclusive environment that is representative of the Victorian community.