- Job Listing Date
- 26 Mar 2020
- Excellent Benefits
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Banking & Financial Services, Compliance & Risk
The Leader, Risk and Compliance is a critical role in the Group Customer Assist 1st Risk and Compliance team. The role helps in ensuring that Group Customer Assist meets all the Westpac Group requirements for 1st Line of Defence Risk and Compliance Management. This includes meeting all Group Risk Management Framework requirements; appropriately assessing change and supporting projects from both a Risk and Compliance Perspective and providing day to day advice to the Group Customer Assist team.
In addition, the role is responsible for helping the Group Customer Assist Business Continuity Plan, the site Health and Safety Requirements.
The team supports our Strategic External Partners, specifically in relation to key controls that have been outsourced. The team monitors to ensure that these and all other controls are working effectively.
The role is also responsible for the ongoing training and risk maturity development across the Customer Assist Business.
A strong understanding of the regulatory environment is required.
What’s in it for me?
Joining an excellent culture within a business unit known for long tenure, working within a high performing Risk & Compliance team of 8. Rewarding to work, supporting a business that helps customers when they need it the most.
You’ll be working for an organisation that supports development, internal career moves and flexible working. Along with competitive salary, you’ll receive Westpac’s generous benefits and a whole array of customer discounts!
Not to mention the added perk of working for a team that has been around for over 200 years dedicated to helping Australians realise the great Australian dream.
What do I need?
- Risk management experience
- Preferable Qualifications in a business; legal or related discipline
- General banking industry knowledge
- Preferable knowledge of Customer Assist and Financial Hardship processes and regulatory requirements.
- Basic understanding of Risk and Compliance framework requirements
- Demonstrating balanced decisions, that take into account Compliance, Commercial and Customer requirements.
- Strong attention to detail required to ensure all relevant information is up to date and accurate.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Analyses situations or issues, considering all options prior to recommending and implementing a solution
- Takes responsibility to see activities through to conclusion and delivers on promises
- Looks to continuously improve to enable increased business performance, efficiency and customer satisfaction
- Shows drive, motivation and a commitment to personal development and professional excellence
- Solid PC application knowledge of MS Office suite products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- A knowledge or willingness to learn how to use JUNO (Risk and Compliance Management System).
What is it like to work there?
Customer Assist help customers who are experiencing financial stress, which may have been caused by unplanned life events such as change of income, illness, a relationship breakdown, reduction in your business cash flow or emergency events like natural disasters. Customer Assist is responsible for managing the customer relationship and finding solutions to bring our customers back to financial health.
We are multi-branded meaning we work with Westpac, St George, Bank of Melbourne, BankSA, and RAMS.
You’ll join one big, supportive team to reach our vision to become one of the world’s great service companies.
Working with us you'll discover new ways of working, and an exciting range of roles to showcase your skills. Think inspiring locations, flexible work spaces and unexpected careers.
As an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate difference and love having a diverse and inclusive workplace.