Advertiser: Viridian Ag Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 26 Mar 2020
- Albany & Great Southern
- $100,000 - $129,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Farm Management
About the business
Viridian Ag Pty Ltd is an exciting new company owned and run by Alistair Tucker and forms part of the Tucker Group, a large family business. This business is solely concentrated on continuous cropping and has seen alot of improvement and progression of farming systems in the passed few years including upgrade of key machinery in the passed 12 months. Viridian Ag currently leases 6500 Ha of excellent farming country in a climate that is ideal for cropping.
About the role
The Farm Manager will be responsible for ensuring the Crop Plan is completed on time and within budget whilst managing a Full-time Farm Hand and additional labour during busy periods. This is a hands on role requiring the Farm Manager to operate and maintain machinery in addition to the planning and management responsibilities.
- Ensure that the 'Crop Plan' is executed on time and within budget
- Variation to timeframe or budget should be discussed with Alistair Tucker within a reasonable timeframe
- Coordinate weekly and daily tasks as directed in the Crop Plan, Farm Schedule, meetings and discussion with or otherwise directed by Alistair Tucker
- Direct and coordinate tasks for Farm Hand's (including casual labour) on a daily/weekly basis
- Ensure all tasks on farm are undertaken safely
- Operate all machinery on farm as required including but not limited to all tractors, sprayers, seeder bar and bins, chasers, harvesters, spreaders and cultivators
- Undertake all spraying duties as required and ensure spraying is completed in a reasonable timeframe giving consideration to weather conditions and that the correct chemical applications are applied as per the 'Crop Plan'
- Maintain all farm machinery in accordance with each machine's Operator's Manual Maintenance Schedule
- Ensure all relevant record keeping is kept up-to date
- Minimise downtime of machinery through diagnosis of cause and resolution of breakdown of machinery within a reasonable timeframe
- Ensure all machinery is kept clean and in good order including all electronic equipment
- Maintain a clean and functional workshop
- Order in parts and spares as required, where expenditure is significant this should be discussed with Alistair Tucker prior to purchase
- Communicating with and directing contractor's (i.e. Trucking, Civil) as directed by Alistair Tucker
Benefits and perks
- Base Salary $100,000+
- Plus Super
- On Farm Accomodation Rent Free
- All Utilities included (Gas, Water, Electricity)
- For the right candidate rent of luxury family home in Esperance included in package
Skills and experience
- Minimum 5 Years Farming Experience
- Minimum 5 Years Cropping Experience
- Minimum 4 Years Supervisory Experience
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Good verbal and written communication
- Organised and able to meet deadlines
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Good machinery operating skills
- Good 'Leadership and People Management' skills
- Able to take direction and follow a 'Plan'
- Ability to adapt to changes in the workplace and planning
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Are you available to work outside your usual hours when required? (e.g. weekends, evenings, public holidays)
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?