- Job Listing Date
- 26 Mar 2020
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Science & Technology, Quality Assurance & Control
Come join a company that tackles fascinating problems and finds solutions to complex challenges. Seqirus has an exciting opportunity to join our expanding team in Parkville, a leader in egg-based influenza vaccine manufacturing, in-licensed vaccines and specialty pharmaceuticals. Seqirus is the sole supplier of a unique range of products made in the national interest for the Australian Government. We operate as one integrated global company, drawing together expert staff from different countries to collaborate. Together, we are working on the front line to protect communities from seasonal influenza and global pandemic threats. When you join Seqirus, you join a team dedicated to making a difference in people's lives. It's a feeling of possibility, creativity, and purpose that inspires us every day.
We are currently seeking a Quality Control (QC) Analyst to join the QC team in Parkville (Australia) in a 2 year fixed term contract positon. This full-time role sits in the PNS & Non-IVV team and reports to the QC team leader or specialist to enable the testing of Q-Fever vaccine and Antivenoms & Other Non-IVV Products
The QC Analyst PNS & Non IVV will:
- Follow approved procedures perform a range of the following procedures for PNS and other non-IVV products including:
- Immunology assays including antivenom immuno-neutralisation assays, potency and toxicity testing;
- Biochemistry assays including enzyme immunoassay (EIA) and testing of venom detection kits;
- Testing and bulk formulation of Reagent Red Blood Cells;
- Virology assays including cell culture virus assays, extraneous agents testing, completeness of inactivation, safety testing, PCR and mycoplasma testing;
- Support the team to ensure that the assays performed in each department are prepared and executed in accordance with the code of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP);
- Support the operational area pro-actively to prevent invalid assays and reduce Out of Specification (OOS) test results, and assist with the investigation of OOS test results, invalid assays as required;
- Actively seek, recommend and implement improvements (under guidance and discussion with Team Leader or Specialist) to enhance quality within each functional area;
- Apply all procedures, standards and handling techniques for the humane treatment of animals in accordance with Animal Ethics requirements;
- Provide a customer-focused service which meets and exceeds customer requirements;
- Assist in the accurate completion, maintenance and upkeep of quality records and documents including procedures and work instructions;
- Assist in maintaining the work environment compliant with GMP guidelines including the washing, disinfection, heat sterilization and decontamination of materials and equipment following relevant procedures;
- Work in accordance with all regulatory requirements, guidelines, policies, QC procedures and work instructions including Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) guidelines.
The successful candidate will possess:
- A tertiary qualification in an appropriate scientific discipline, applied science or biological technology discipline and/or demonstrated laboratory experience;
- Ability to accurately maintain testing records
- Ability to use computer system for data entry and inquiry functions
- Experience in assay preparation
- Strong scientific report writing skills
In addition the successful candidate must be:
- Affable, personable and diplomatic in communication
- Team orientated and responsible
- Committed to following through and finishing off tasks, and meeting deadlines
- Ability to manage daily deadlines and cope with the demands or a busy lab;
Other Important things to note:
The successful candidate may be required to undertake vaccination against the influenza virus.
This role is based on a 73.5 hours per fortnight, although working hours can fluctuate according toschedule requirements. Therefore the weekend work and some weekday overtime may be required.
If you are looking to develop your skills and shape the health of Australians, please apply with your resume and cover letter, which must address the selection criteria above, and include the reference number R-114675
Applications will close on Tuesday 7th April, 2020.
CSL advises that screening including; criminal history, medical assessment, confirmation of experience, stated qualifications and other relevant checks form a part of the candidate suitability evaluation process. Where applicable, this applies to current CSL employees. CSL employees must notify their current manager when selected for interview for any advertised internal vacancies.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
Seqirus does not accept unsolicited referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact Seqirus' Talent Acquisition to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to Seqirus. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and Seqirus. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of Seqirus. Seqirus shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.