Senior Accountant | Public Practice
Advertiser: Mazzcorp PartnersMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 26 Mar 2020
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- $75,000 - $84,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Business Services & Corporate Advisory
- Salary package is negotiable.
- Senior position in a rapidly growing firm
- Easily accessible by public transport
- Immediate start
We are an established and dynamic boutique firm located in Parramatta, specialising in SME business advisory services, financial planning and tax & compliance. Our culture is a modern team environment and highly enjoyable; We like to have fun, but are deadly serious about what we do.
Our dedication and a real passion for providing clients with a unique level of service and experience has led the firm's growth in the last few years
About the role
Reporting to senior management, you will be a core member of the senior team from day one. Some of your day to day tasks include
- Preparing financial statements and income tax returns for trusts, companies, self-managed superannuation funds and individuals
- Assisting with tax planning and more complex tax work including payroll tax, fringe benefits tax and capital gains tax
- Working to and achieving ATO, client and practice deadlines
- Analysing and identifying opportunities to assist clients with their overall tax and wealth creation strategies, and assisting with developing and implementing ongoing improvements in practice management procedures
- Continuously improving skills in all areas of tax, accounting and business advisory services
- Assist and supervise junior staff and admin support staff
- Client consultations and relationship management
- Accounting and financial statements and tax returns for all entities including companies, partnerships, trusts, superannuation funds and individuals
- Activity Statements, FBT, Payroll tax, Contractor Reporting, Workers Comp and Bookkeeping
- Ability to work independently without supervision within a team environment
- Experience with managing client portfolios
- Experience with handling complex ATO matters
- Experience with mentoring junior and graduate staff members
- Experience with tax planning
- Ability to build rapport and be a trusted advisor to clients
- Experience with SMSF highly regarded
- Excellent knowledge of taxation legislation
- Excellent XERO / MYOB / QuickBooks / HandiSoft knowledge
- Advanced skills in the use of Word, Excel and Outlook
- Australian Tertiary Accounting Qualifications
- CPA/CA Qualified is highly desirable but not essential
- 5+ years Business Services/Tax experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills (English)
What we are looking for
- You are organised & efficient.
- You love accounting and all client-related work.
- You are people-oriented - just as much as you love churning through a big "To-Do" list each day to feel the accomplishment of a job well done.
- You like finding the most efficient way to do something.
- You are brilliant with your time management and staying on top of a continually changing To-Do List.
- If you see something that needs to be done, you do it. "That's not my job," is not a phrase you use (or think).
- You look for opportunities to help. You're not afraid to speak up and make suggestions where you can see better ways of doing things, and at the same time, you like sticking to systems and procedures that are working well.
- You don't mind being the 'go-to' hub for a team.
How to apply
Apply through SEEK with your resume and cover letter with:
- Detailed overview of previous public practice experience
- Two recent references – in the public practice field
- How many years of public practice accounting experience do you have?
- How many years of taxation experience do you have?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- Do you have experience in a role which requires relationship management experience?
- How many years' experience do you have as an accountant?